Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • think i can almost see why cyclist ain't liked
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

yeh, but that's normal in NYC innit. 😉

I was quite impressed by the number of blows the bloke took on the head without falling down to be honest. Maybe a lock from Aldi.

samuri
    Free Member

I dunno. We didn't see the crash and then the bloke goes rant rant rant right in his face and we don't see who attacks who first. I'm not sure I'd sort him out with a lock but if the **** was in my face like that I'd at least put him on the ground to calm him down.

if you want to see why cyclists are hated in New York, or indeed, London. Watch one of the many videos of the morons flying through red lights, pedestrian crossings, ignoring the rules completely, just riding like they're gods etc. etc. I understand that completely.

coogan
    Free Member

I dunno. We didn't see the crash and then the bloke goes rant rant rant right in his face and we don't see who attacks who first. I'm not sure I'd sort him out with a lock but if the **** was in my face like that I'd at least put him on the ground to calm him down.

You having a laugh? So if he was having a moan in your face, you'd just punch him to the ground? Absolutely no defence for what he did. Cowardly ****. Not to mention he's on a singlespeed…

aracer
    Free Member

For similar reasons I can see why premiership footballers aren't liked…

scaredypants

Christ !

Bloke on bike, clearly a psycho
    Pedestrian, just possibly at fault for whatever happened initially but didn't even seem to touch the biker after that
    Bloke with camera, and all passing pedestrians – tossers for not helping out

samuri
    Free Member

you'd just punch him to the ground

where did I say that?

tails
    Free Member

yeah i kinda agree samuri but the source seems quite neutral (at least his comment is) Although pedestrians should have right of way. Besides you know the STW vultures will enjoy this one.

coogan
    Free Member

I'd at least put him on the ground to calm him down.

Okay, then, you'd 'put him on the ground'. Whatever that means, seems in infer a slap to me.

tails
    Free Member

Not to mention he's on a singlespeed…

huh hum fixie and as we all know

philjunior
    Free Member

Troll.

samuri
    Free Member

Fair enough coogan, but it wouldn't be. There's plenty of ways of stopping people in their tracks, lying them on the ground quickly without actually hitting them. It's a very effective method of making them think about what's going on and giving them the space and time to decide whether to get up and carry on being aggressive. I'd always suggest they stay on the ground for a bit in these situations if they want to avoid getting hit.

tails
    Free Member

Troll.

ay your not wrong, but i still think wacking someone with a U lock is a bit rough.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Meh. I always feel that people think cyclists are a soft touch. But we're not. Not exactly my style, but if someone is harassing you and you are armed why take the risk of being punched first, or stabbed, or shot or attack by a gang of his friends?

allyharp

why take the risk of being punched first, or stabbed, or shot or attack by a gang of his friends?

You've got to consider the likelihood of that risk though. From a 50 year old Asian I wouldn't expect you've got too much to worry about.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Wot scaredypants sed.

That particular cyclist = scum. Many are. Beyond that is speculation.

theflatboy
    Free Member

although the cyclist clearly goes mental, at the start it appears that there was a collision caused by the pedestrian and the pedestrian's fing and blinding about the cyclist not looking where he's going, or similar, and the cyclist is trying to walk away. i reckon the ped threw the first blow.

haddock
    Free Member

I love some of the comments on here, some of you must live in some real leafy areas. Thats New York for gods sake.

hora
    Free Member

I would have dropped my camera and run across and knocked that lad out. I dont know who is worse, the tool for using a weapon or the person calmly filming an assault for prosperity.

racefaceec90

i have flicked the finger now and again,at car drivers who haven't given me the right of way at roundabouts,or pulled out from their drives from the other side of the road.but i would never attack anyone physically!!!that guy was a ****!!!

PJ266
    Free Member

Who knows what the pedestrian had said to him?? could've been threatening him, just because he's "old" doesnt mean he's harmless!! from that angle it did look a bit mental but sometimes i wish i had the balls to do stuff like that.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

allyharp

You've got to consider the likelihood of that risk though. From a 50 year old Asian I wouldn't expect you've got too much to worry about.

What does his ethnicity have to do with it? Other than the increased possibility that he has done some form of martial art 😉

You are right, you do have to consider the likelihood of the risk but you have no idea what the pedestrian is saying, you have no idea what part of new york that is (chinatown maybe?). The asian mans body language is pretty confident, and pretty threatening. He doesn't look too old or frail to me, and size wise he is well matched to the cyclist so again I would say why take the risk – even a small risk of being shot, stabbed or assaulted is more than I personally would like to take.

Although it might seem like a gross overreaction to some people on here I think the cyclist handled that well. He didnt lash out initially, he tried to leave the scene, the asian man continually followed him with aggressive and confident body language.

When the cyclist did decide to take action he made it definitive – he didnt just hit him once and aggravate him – he showed him who was boss and put the aggression right out of the guy. As my old Sifu used to say – better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

I wouldnt use a lock as a weapon like that, but other than that I don't think there is much else to talk about there without knowing much more about the incident.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Looks to me like the Asian guy did that "chin grabby thing" to the cyclist at about 0:08, and certainly didn't seem to want to let whatever had happened lie, so what would you do? Just stand there and wait for him to hit you?

aracer
    Free Member

Well if nothing else, that vid is excellent for starting a troll thread allowing people to speculate about all sorts of stuff. You don't see the original incident which started it all. You don't see the start of the "fight". Could almost be staged just in order to start a thread like this…

uplink
    Free Member

at around 0:19 on that vid the cyclist appears to have saved himself from a beating off the ped 😉 & has space & is in a situation to walk away

He doesn't though, he comes back to dish out a few more whacks, that just appears gratuitous, regardless of what occurred earlier

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Well that vid just goes to show that that particular cyclist is a c*ck. As is the guy filming it and all those that stand around doing nothing about it or even helping the guy with the bleeding face. Fair enough using a lock if there's a bunch of chavs about to nick yer bike but against one guy like that? Just not right. Yeah, Ok you don't see the original incident blah blah blah but hitting someone round the head with a lock is much more than self-defense.

jfeb
    Free Member

The fact he thought about using his lock as a weapon is the most worrying thing. I suspect that wasn't the first time he has hit someone with it. Someone shouts at you, things escalate to physical confrontation, most "normal" people won't think about unclipping their U-lock and smacking the other person about the head.

On the otherhand, he was very effective in his attack – he didn't even let go of his bike!

DezB
    Free Member

..the person calmly filming an assault for prosperity.

Way of the world now isn't it. We have to get used to it cos it's not going away.

DezB
    Free Member

at around 0:19 on that vid the cyclist appears to have saved himself from a beating off the ped & has space & is in a situation to walk away

He's walking away at the beginning. The MUCH BIGGER bloke keeps following him.

Trimix
    Free Member

I love the way everyone is now judge and jury based on a few seconds of youtube evidence………………. !

deft
    Free Member

:O

You've never seen Karate Kid?

hora
    Free Member

Looks to me like the Asian guy did that "chin grabby thing" to the cyclist at about 0:08, and certainly didn't seem to want to let whatever had happened lie, so what would you do? Just stand there and wait for him to hit you?

I think the pedestrian was making a point possibly about an incident off-camera. Since when does someone grabbing you mean you have to hit them? I will wait until someone actually swings a punch at me before I will do anything back. Even if the punch doesnt connect I will still see if there is a way of diffusing a situation. Im not hard but Im not a chicken either.
    Hitting someone once out of fear with something that is in their hand? Ok. Repeatdly? What does the lad do to his girlfriend if she has a go? give the girl a slap? Sorry. Hitting an unarmed person with a weapon is lower than low.

uplink
    Free Member

He's walking away at the beginning. The MUCH BIGGER bloke keeps following him

But when he stopped him following [by whacking him] & had the chance to be away, he went back to dish out some more 🙂

I love the way everyone is now judge and jury based on a few seconds of youtube evidence………………. !

seems reasonable to me

DezB
    Free Member

I love the way everyone is now judge and jury based on a few seconds of youtube evidence

Everyone? er, no.

But when he stopped him following [by whacking him] & had the chance to be away, he went back to dish out some more

Got rid of him didn't it?!

D0NK

I don't think the guy set out to own him with his u-lock, looks like the guy was harrassing him, biker made several attempts to leave but (bigger) guy kept after him. I reckon biker sh*t himself thought he was in danger and lashed out with u lock. He does go back but I reckon he didn't fancy his chances of getting away so turned to make sure the guy was backing down – he wasn't at which point he goes waaaaaay OTT.
    I'm not offering a defence he was bang out of order just a couple of mitigating factors.
    I'd have probably bricked it, curled into a foetal position and hoped I didn't get too bad a kicking on a public street 🙄

DrDolittle
    Free Member

If someone kept following me, put their hand up to grab my chin twice, and was stopping me leaving the scene of what was probably a pretty stressful incident, I'd probably hit them before that hand wasn't coming up to grab my face and was coming up to hit me in the face. The Asian guy from what we can see in the video seemed very persistent and appeared to be trying to provoke a physical response. He got more than he bargained for. It'll harden him.

aP
    Free Member

Its interesting that the nob who posted this has categorised it as "comedy".

IdleJon

Dr Dolittle – Member
    Looks to me like the Asian guy did that "chin grabby thing" to the cyclist at about 0:08,

What, like Eric Morcambe used to do to Ernie – " You can't move can you?"

hora
    Free Member

Why didnt he knock the cyclist the **** out? **** fakengers.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

😆

Aye just like that. Second only to Dr Spock's nerve pinch.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘think i can almost see why cyclist ain't liked’ is closed to new replies.