Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Things the brits probably just don't get…
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tomorrow’s race practice is cancelled due to the risk of fire incinerating everyone out in the woods…

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I think most would get that… but you also get races cancelled in Oz because of rain and that I struggle to grasp 🙂

trademark
    Free Member

Good weather …

cloudnine
    Free Member

Spiders, snakes, sharks, jelly fish.. Even a tiny octupus is out to kill you!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry get but not comprehend… Just spoke to a like from andorra who was looking a little warm…

Colin-T

Tomorrow’s race practice is cancelled due to the risk of fire incinerating everyone out in the woods…

Reminds of the Dragon Races at Mountain Ash. Not that it ever stopped anything happening but the hillside was regularly set alight by the local disaffected youth.

antigee

as a pom i found this amusing – downtown wild weather Melbourne

Bregante

“Poor weather”

Klunk
    Free Member

a sun tan

mugsys_m8

At the expense of bringing some sense…I’m not sure every Brit who has only lived in Brit land understands that it’s not as if everyone in the rest of the world actually has to make a payment transaction for healthcare…..

As a Brit living in Non brit land in a country with one of the world’s best healthcare sysytems that actually err provides useful consistnet healthcare and where one doesn’t worry about ‘troubling ones GP’…it just really gets me when they keep on banging on about how the NHS is great because it is free….

Anyway…sorry…

stevied
    Free Member

One of the best rides I had in Oz was around Manly Dam a couple of days after a big fire. It was surreal with lots of burnt trees and scrub all charred and still smoking in places.

shermer75
    Free Member

As a Brit living in Non brit land in a country with one of the world’s best healthcare sysytems that actually err provides useful consistnet healthcare and where one doesn’t worry about ‘troubling ones GP’…

Which non-Brit land is this? Sounds good…

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Had a road race in the UK stopped due to hillfires on the moors.

Del

Which non-Brit land is this? Sounds good…

i’m going with Cuba.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Things the brits probably just don’t get…

(OT) just how great the BBC is.

oh and yes, quite a few fire-based memories from Dh racing in south wales.

rOcKeTdOg

Surely if the trees are burning it’s a free Bar-b opportunity?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We are in a valley surrounded by steep sided pine forests, there will be no bbq tomorrow at all.

zippykona

I could never get used to leaving my bag at the counter in record shops in Oz. I guess it cut down on shop lifting but I couldn’t help thinking the bomb squad would be called at any second to attend to my unattended bag.
    I also remember an American be amazed that I got my wallet out on the street and gave my friend some money without us being robbed at gunpoint.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the logic in voting for Donald Trump, or Sarah Palin, or GW Bush…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Things the brits probably just don't get…’ is closed to new replies.