• This topic has 99 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Things that shouldn't make me go arggh but do……..
  • Nico
    Free Member

People who pick up items in supermarkets, decide that they don’t require said item, and leave it wherever they want.

People who say “said item” instead of “the item” or just “something/it”.

People who say “obligated” instead of “obliged”, “have to” or “required” as appropriate.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Supermarkets, again.

The self service tills…

I have a bottle of wine in my basket (sitting neatly alongside Monster Munch, Tunnocks Chrome Domes etc. etc.) and I swipe my Waitrose Card, then swipe the bottle of wine and the Red Light flashes above me on the “traffic light of shame” pole… and continues to flash, then from behind me out of nowhere one of the checkout supervisors uncloaks from her cloak of invisibility and shouts “I’ll get that for you” then disappears back into her cloak of invisibility to scare the living daylights out of another “over the age of 18, so is allowed to buy alcohol” human.

I’d Grrrrrrrrr, but I’m genuinely shocked each time they uncloak..

Nico
    Free Member

We once had an old dear who fainted in the booze aisle and it was only after we had propped her in a chair, gave her a glass of water and phoned an ambulance that her hat fell off to reveal a tiny frozen chicken concealed within that had caused her to pass out in the first place.

Of course you did.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/dumdum/meathead.asp

matt_outandabout

Kids who say ‘just finishing the level/battle’ despite 10min and 5min warnings that tea is about ready. 😈

aracer
    Free Member

Just to add to that, I’m sure I shouldn’t be that irritated at shops which don’t have contactless payment, or if they do they have a silly spending limit (presumably because of limits on cards, which don’t actually apply if you’re using Google Pay).

McDonalds may be the winner here though – they have payment terminals on the self service machines which take contactless payment, but they’re buried in a plastic surround which prevents you getting the relevant part of your phone to them – I’ve been forced to interact with a real human being when just armed with my phone.

onehundredthidiot

The spar down the road that had a cash machine out of order so said I could get cashback at the till. So.i bought a packet of mints and £20 cashbook. “nope, sorry must be a £5 minimum spend for cashback” aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghhhhhhhhh.

CountZero

allfankledup – Member
    People that don’t understand how passing places work on single track roads – then can’t reverse…

Ah. Well I know how single track roads work, I’m just absolutely crap at reversing. Sorry.
    So was the muppet I came head to head with near the bottom of a 1:6 hill, with a passing place two cars lengths behind them, wile the nearest one to me was about 400 metres back, around a blind bend. Up the hill.
    Said muppet only had to put the car out of gear and let gravity work, using just the brakes.
    But no, they sat there, staring straight ahead, ignoring my request that they just roll back into the passing place.
    They did, eventually, after I made it plain that if they didn’t I’d drag them out of their sodding car and reverse it back myself!

Cougar – Moderator
    Also, pay-at-pump machines are a fat lot of good if you’ve got a fuel card.

This, plus most filling stations now have all of the pumps as pay points, or none at all, so you have to go to the till to pay, if you have a fuel card like I do for work. Or pick up a snack.

vickypea
    Free Member

I have a joint annoyance about the combination of supermarkets and driving, especially drivers who ignore zebra crossings in supermarket car parks when you’re halfway across them.

andytherocketeer

Don’t even get me started on Germany…

On the topic of supermarkets, and Germany… (also Netherlands)

It seems to be illegal to pack anything away until not only have you handed cash over, but also got change back, and packed it all away neatly in your purse/wallet. Only then is it allowed to start packing groceries.

It also seems to be illegal as the cash till operator to hold up the next customer in line, and it is the law that you must scan all their stuff and squeeze it in with the previous customer’s stuff on the packing area.

Always get beer at the UK self-scan. Just to make the staff walk over to auth it.
    No Self scan in Germany sadly.

Cougar

Of course you did.

Good work.

But no, they sat there, staring straight ahead,

I carry a paperback novel for just such eventualities.

singletrackmind

Idiots who race through supermarket car parks.
    Nothing good is ever going to happen if you hit 42mph. Your car will not turn into a flippen time machine, nor will Frank Williams roll out in his wheel chair and say ” Hey Laddie ( Matt ) awesome display of driving through that car park , fancy an F1 test drive?. No . Never. happening

all thats likely to happen is you may hit and hurt another person and put them in a hospital , or even a coffin.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Old people at cash machines, it’d be quicker if you **** wrote to the bank and got the to send you a postal order

nickewen
    Free Member

Aye the speeding in supermarket car parks thing boils my piss too especially when people do it across empty bays and not the designated roadways to get ahead of other cars, nobheads the lot of em.

On the topic of contactless there’s 1 cashier at th local spar who tries to take my card and tap it for me.. had a full blown stand off wth her! When she finally presented me with the card machine it was upside down and at a bad angle for light so couldn’t see the amount and when I said I couldn’t see the screen she said “do you not trust me like?!”. Just show me the ******* screen I’ll make payment and be on me way FFS. For the record they manually type in the amount on the card machine as it doesn’t ring thru from till and no I didn’t trust her to do it accurately..

nickewen
    Free Member

Haha re. old people at the cash point! When they get a second card out you know you’re gonna be there a while. A comedian was talking about this once (can’t mind which one) but his comment was “it’s not winner stays on!”

aracer
    Free Member

To be fair you wouldn’t exactly expect to run into a coffin in a supermarket car park.

Sandwich

A variant of Cougars mini-cab drivers. People stopping to talk with their friend just coming in the door, in the doorway. In or out you thoughtless ****.

A variant on the level theme. The child who always goes to the toilet as meal time is called. Despite knowing what time we were serving. Every. Bloody. Time. And his ancient Uncle. (The child is mid-20’s now).

garage-dweller

I know it’s been done above and I love Germany and the Netherlands to bits but seriously not taking plastic in restaurants and supermarkets!?!

I can pay for a loaf of bread and some chilli Bovril with a credit card in rural South Africa but not in a Dutch city. Bonkers.

Oh and that reminds me I’ve never seen Chilli Bovril for sale ever again since the one jar I bought in Cape Town in 2007. It’s the ultimate variant of “extract” toast toppings. It must be made again. I’m now reaching almost a decade of disappointment since the last scrapings were extracted from the jar.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    People who are too stupid to realise that the pump nozzle will quite easily reach both sides of most cars and wait for “their side” to be free.
    Except when it doesn’t. I’ve been caught out with short hoses before and had to do the Circle of Shame back round to the back of the queue again.

POSTED 19 HOURS AGO #

My party piece at my most local petrol station i know is to short…

Pull up on road. Enter petrol station backwards. Watch the marvel in peoples eyes.

FuzzyWuzzy

People that reverse into supermarket parking spaces (usually badly) and then try and squeeze their trolley (or at least overladen bags) down the side when they return, usually dragging them against the car next to them. FFS if there’s one time it makes sense just to drive into a space it’s when you’re going to be loading your boot up with stuff later!

People that leave litter in trolleys

People that block the aisle chatting away and then pretend it’s a shock they might be inconveniencing someone when you ask them to move (when I’m older and grumpier I’m just going to start telling them to f** off out of my way rather than being polite about it).

People that let their kids run wild around supermarkets. It’s not a playground, I shouldn’t have to be ready at a split second’s notice to move my trolley out the way lest an over-excited child run into it. Feed them less sugar or take them to the park beforehand or something…

Jamie
    Free Member

People who go 100! In threads.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Things that shouldn't make me go arggh but do……..’ is closed to new replies.