• This topic has 99 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Things that shouldn't make me go arggh but do……..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I tend to go for tena lady or anusol.

Toob o’ loob is a good one, too.

jimjam
    Free Member

dangeourbrain – Member

So knowing this Jimjam, i assume you just use one of the normal pumps when the option presents itself?

Well I’m struggling to think of a local petrol station that has an either / or choice. Most are either big self service automated jobs with no kiosk, or normal ones which are generally staffed.

Cougar

Also, pay-at-pump machines are a fat lot of good if you’ve got a fuel card.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Also, pay-at-pump machines are a fat lot of good if you’ve got a fuel card.

But you know this, so when presented with a choice, why use the P@P, i get sometimes it’s all of them or even none, but when there is an option why not take the sensible/considerate one? It’s like taking a dump in a urinal even though you know it doesn’t work because the cubicles are a bit further away.*

*ok not that like.

matt_outandabout

Forum user xbaker.

Cougar

Ex-forum user, you mean.

jam-bo

People who use the pay at pump then go into the kiosk anyway.

I pull up at whichever pump is free.

if I’m hungry then I’ll be going into the kiosk to pay.

they should have an option for delivering snacks to your car while you fill up.

matt_outandabout

😆 8)

matt_outandabout

Self serve checkouts. No I will not use them. Yes I have stopped shopping at B&Q because they forced me too.

Various relations. 😉

richmtb

On the petrol station theme:

People who are too stupid to realise that the pump nozzle will quite easily reach both sides of most cars and wait for “their side” to be free. Some of them even beep at you for skipping the queue because you aren’t as stupid as they are.

For some reason they also travel in herds and can collectively block the whole petrol station when their orderly queue of stupidity spills out on to the road and blocks the entrance to the petrol station completely

Cougar

People who are too stupid to realise that the pump nozzle will quite easily reach both sides of most cars and wait for “their side” to be free.

Except when it doesn’t. I’ve been caught out with short hoses before and had to do the Circle of Shame back round to the back of the queue again.

jekkyl

‘meetings’ at work. First thing to discuss… when to have the next pointless meeting. Usually I inadvertantly have a meeting which woops runs into the meeting by 30 minutes! ‘what a shame, just copy me into the summary email ta.’ 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

richmtb

For some reason they also travel in herds and can collectively block the whole petrol station when their orderly queue of stupidity spills out on to the road and blocks the entrance to the petrol station completely

What level of hell do you reside in that such things occur?

binners

Back to supermarkets – women who put a weeks shopping through the checkout, then look totally shocked as to be asked to supply a method of payment.

It’s like they’ve been asked to produce a gold plated unicorn, not a bank card. And so begins the rummaging in trolley for their handbag, then rummaging around the handbag for a purse, then rummaging around in said purse for a bank card

Whats the point of cardless payments etc when your ****ing card is buried deep within and handbag that is presently at the bottom of shopping trolley underneath 7 carrier bags full of food? Or did you think all your shopping was free?

nealglover
    Free Member

People who make the same point that was made at the top of the same page 😉

binners

😳

What a simply frightful faux pas!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

binners.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

People who do a weeks worth of shopping at a petrol station. Dammmn them all!!!
    I need to pay for £20.00 of diesel, yet here you are with £70.00 worth of Monster Munch!!
    #Binners

Cougar

People who do a weeks worth of shopping at a petrol station.

I was just about to say the same thing. Invariably at lunch time when I’m trying to get back to work, and usually insisting in paying in exact change.

martinhutch

People who whistle in supermarkets. Actually, people who whistle generally. The urge to batter them with my artisanal baguette is almost unbearable.

boblo
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Forum user xbaker

That’ll be ex-xbaker then 😉

binners

People who tut loudly and roll their eyes while I’m trying to buy the entire stock of Monster Munch and Ginsters at the garage at lunchtime

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’d tut if i caught you buying Ginsters too.

aracer
    Free Member

Ah. Well I know how single track roads work, I’m just absolutely crap at reversing. Sorry.
    [/quote]

In which case you need somebody else in the car to take over when you need to reverse. Not a totally silly comment, because going way, way OT, was on the narrowest, hilliest and most awkward of single track roads yesterday and the very instant we met a car coming the other way the doors on the other car opened and the chap in the passenger seat got into the driving seat to reverse to the passing place. Jaw dropping, but in a good way.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hot air balloons.

retro83
    Free Member

Petrol stations.

This particular station has short hoses, which wont stretch to the ‘wrong’ side, and on my side a lorry is blocking both pumps. Luckily he’s just going in to pay and there’s just another person ahead of me so I’ll be able to fill up as soon as he goes.

Except oh no I can’t because the stupid sunglasses wearing fat ****wit in the stupid fat ****wit premium 4×4 has only moved forward onto the nearest pump instead of the one at the front! WHO DOES THAT?? And then surprise surprise she cocked a deaf’un when I asked her to move forward.

Flaperon

People who do their weekly shops at petrol stations. I’m not sure if it’s physically possible to beat someone to death with a stale Co-Op baguette, but it’s not going to stop me trying.

DezB
    Free Member

My knees

bikebouy
    Free Member

Still on the subject of Supermarkets, but the small Express types on suburban streets with teeny weeny 6 space carparks…. and a freaking queue of Mums parked along the road waiting to get into the teeny weeny car park to drop Junior off at the school next door but 2….

Nobody can get past you silly selfish wet fish.

johndoh
    Free Member

Still on the subject of Supermarkets, but the small Express types on suburban streets with teeny weeny 6 space carparks…. and a freaking queue of Mums parked along the road waiting to get into the teeny weeny car park to drop Junior off at the school next door but 2….

Or the other boiling piss situation – once full, people parking in the disabled spot or the yellow hatched pedestrian walkway like they are overflow parking for lard-arses. Just park somewhere else you selfish knobbers.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Supermarkets that put one brand of cumin / turmeric etc in the ‘herbs and spices’ section at 99p for 100g and yet, in the ‘world foods’ section there’s the same product, in a 300g packet, for 89p. Jesus Christ Sainsburies, I’m cooking a curry, do you think I give a Brexit-infused undercover daily mail reading racist rat’s arse about the label on some bollocking coriander. Put them all together and let us choose for ourselves.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Luckily he’s just going in to pay and there’s just another person ahead of me so I’ll be able to fill up as soon as he goes.

Except oh no I can’t because the stupid sunglasses wearing fat ****wit in the stupid fat ****wit premium 4×4 has only moved forward onto the nearest pump instead of the one at the front! WHO DOES THAT??

Sounds like me! Except the premium part… LPG is only on the back pump so there have been a couple of times where I can only move to the back pump infuriating the poor person sitting behind me! Even worse if I need petrol too as they make me fill them separately and I have to go into the station to pay for the LPG too.

Oh – and the LPG fills slow as, actually I can be even worse as it has a 100 litre LPG cut off and I’ve got about 160 between two tanks so I can sometimes have a double fill too 🙂

nickewen
    Free Member

As has been mentioned previously – inconsiderate parking.. On safety grounds you could argue that it probably should make you go AAARGHH but it really boils my piss to whole new levels.

The main street in the small town where I live is absolutely shocking for it. Cars parking in bus stops (whereby as soon as a bus comes it causes absolute carnage and blocks the road), double yellows, disabled bays and yesterday’s absolutely howler – smack back in the middle of the zigzags on the pedestrian crossing! What really pissed me off was the AMG badge on it (a C220 DIESEL)! I had a good old shouty/sweary moment as I drove past this trying to see if people were waiting on the crossing through his car.

johndoh
    Free Member

People that don’t read through all the posts to check their contribution is required 😉

johndoh – Member
    I find tht is often the case with things like chopped tomatoes and tinned chick peas – they have them in the obvious places at one price then have them again in the ‘world foods’ aisle but cheaper brands.
    And that’s where you’ll find my leaving behind things from other shelves…

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO

Supermarkets that put one brand of cumin / turmeric etc in the ‘herbs and spices’ section at 99p for 100g and yet, in the ‘world foods’ section there’s the same product, in a 300g packet, for 89p. Jesus Christ Sainsburies, I’m cooking a curry, do you think I give a Brexit-infused undercover daily mail reading racist rat’s arse about the label on some bollocking coriander. Put them all together and let us choose for ourselves.

POSTED 18 MINUTES AGO

giantalkali
    Free Member

My rant was better

johndoh
    Free Member

Probably. Yes.

rsl1
    Free Member

Since I’ve lived in Sweden for a while I now get unreasonably annoyed at shops that don’t take cards back in the UK, I have to make a conscious effort to regularly go out of my way to a chuffing cash machine just so I can buy lunch! Don’t even get me started on Germany…

aracer
    Free Member

Pretty much everything to do with parking then – I reckon 90+% of people would park inconsiderately if that was the only convenient option, the only reason you don’t see more of it is the prevalence of options to park considerately which are relatively convenient. If the choice is between having to walk an extra 100m and parking like a dick* then I know what most people will choose.

TBH it’s all part of the sense of entitlement people seem to get with anything to do with motor vehicles. Who cares if it makes it awkward for pedestrians as long as the people driving cars aren’t at all inconvenienced.

*I’d use a different word, but that it would just end up as ****

Cougar

If we’re moving on from shopping nobbishness to driving nobbishness, can I give a special shout out to the two drivers on opposite sides of a main road who stopped for a chat, blocking off the road in both directions.

Minicab drivers, bastards the lot of them (where I live anyway).

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Children in the quiet car on the train. They’re small children, they are never ever going to be quiet for a three hour journey, just book a non quiet seat, or more to the point don’t opt into the quiet one ffs.

*obviously stw is less conducive to my getting work done this afternoon than the smal child kicking me in the shins, but they didn’t know that when they chose the quiet car did they!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Things that shouldn't make me go arggh but do……..’ is closed to new replies.