Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Things that make you feel old
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I saw a Capri 2.8 injection on my way into work this morning and got to thinking about the Capri I had as my first car. Then I remembered that it’s 26 YEARS since the Capri went out of production. Crivens I suddenly felt old.

jota180
    Free Member

The fact that my arms are no longer long enough for reading small print on stuff

SaxonRider

My back. 🙁

tomhoward

That I know next to nothing about any music that has been released in the last 6 years (and have no interest in finding out).

That it is possible for someone born in 1994 to legally purchase alcohol.

I have to make some sort of noise when I stand up…

thepurist

Acheing. Somehwere always hurts.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My daughter starts big school after the school holidays.

neninja
    Free Member

As above the aching. Some part is always stiff and needs loosening up in a morning (behave, I don’t mean that).

Tom83

Went paintballing on Saturday My thighs are still aching today 🙁

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Films make me feel old. I saw a clip for ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit’ the other day. I vividly remember adoring it as a 7 year old and then It dawned on me just how long ago that film was released and subsequently how I’m getting old(er).

jonba
    Free Member

Peter Sagan

Cycling past Newcastle University during Freshers Week.

PiknMix
    Free Member

When someone on here said whoever the rider is enough respect (it was Martin Ashton!!!)

Also going to uni with 18-21 year olds all day makes you feel kinda past it.

GW
    Free Member

Wouldn’t really say I feel old. Memories of past times and experiences are what make us who we are today.
    The folk saying they are too old to ride infront of kids in the bmx thread sadden me. It’s not their age stopping them it’s their lack of confidence and overly high levels of self conciousness which should in actual fact be less of a problem with age and life experience IMO

wwaswas

The fact that me listening to The Clash is to my children what my mum listening to Bill Hailey was to me.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“I have to make some sort of noise when I stand up…”

Truely the definition of getting old … lol

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

turning 40.
    Today.
    Balls…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that age is beginning to make me feel old… 😐

Welcome to the world of “planning ahead” and “pacing yourself”!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I saw a Capri 2.8 injection

I dreamt of owning a ‘Professionals’ style 3.0S – that makes me older. 😥

charliemort

doing a running race (length of football pitch) with scouts, came 8th out of 12. 12 year old daughter beat me by about 20m – and I do do a bit of running

I am 47 3/4 though

stumpy01

The advert for the re-release of Paul Simon – Graceland after 25 yrs…

Remembering that I graduated over a decade ago…

A colleague at my last place telling us he’d never owned a cassette walkman…

Squidlord
    Free Member

Last weekend, helping my teenage daughter (finally!) clear her room of old toys, story books, dressing-up clothes etc etc.

It can get quite dusty by those recycling bins…

wwaswas

A colleague at my last place telling us he’d never owned a cassette walkman

My 10 year old doesn’t even know what a cassette is.

My 15 year old, when he first found my record collection was dead impressed that there was music on both sides but less impressed that it was 20 minutes tops per side.

DezB
    Free Member

Bruises. Never used to get them at all, now they last for WEEKS!

trail_rat
    Free Member

im not “that” old but when the young lady behind the bar rejected my photocard driving licence as a fake because it didnt look much like hers(no holograms etc) i realised id been driving for 10 years i felt a bit old then.

jon1973
    Free Member

When you’re filling in some sort of on-line form and your date of birth is required, and you have to scroll right down the drop down box to find the year you were born.

neninja
    Free Member

Bruises. Never used to get them at all, now they last for WEEKS!

That’s something worth getting checked out. Bruising that takies ages to go can be signs of other problems like diabetes, anaemia etc.

DezB
    Free Member

diabetes, anaemia etc.

Pretty positive it’s age and not those! (Thanks for the concern though 😉 )

i realised id been driving for 10 years
    Not since the early 80s then?!

stgeorge

I dreamt of owning a ‘Professionals’ style 3.0S – that makes me older.

I’ll raise you a Consul GT from the Sweeney

MrOvershoot

I owned a 3000E Capri when they were still making them 🙁

Was a right pimpmobile in Met Blue & white vinyl roof 😀

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Helping the 16 year old lad next door fix his bike then hearing him tell his mates as he walked off ‘he’s quite cool (me) for someone twice as old as us, he’s got loads of ancient computer games megadrives and stuff were games are on cartridges and cassettes”

tomhoward

Ro5ey,

The trouble is, I bet I’m one of the younger contributors to this thread.

I’m 27 😕

organic355
    Free Member

acsevens

I broke up a fight between two school kids on the way into work this morning. that made me feel very old. I’m 30… 🙁

ski
    Free Member

Taking my daughter to a roller disco for the first time, thinking its been 26 years since I last went to one 😉

deano8
    Free Member

Teaching kids to drive who’s date of birth is 1995!!

slowjo
    Free Member

My son graduating.

Cougar

When you’re filling in some sort of on-line form and your date of birth is required, and you have to scroll right down the drop down box to find the year you were born.

When you’re filling in some sort of on-line form and your date of birth is required, and you have to scroll right down the drop down box to find the year you were born, and you think “what kind of bloody retarded method is this for entering four digits?”

bigdawg
    Free Member

The fact that me listening to The Clash is to my children what my mum listening to Bill Hailey was to me.

That really puts it in perspective for me….

and Ive just worked out the years gap is actually greater from now to the clash, than clash to bill hailey

slasher

That really puts it in perspective for me….

and Ive just worked out the years gap is actually greater from now to the clash, than clash to bill hailey

Nice! I just emailed this to my Clash-loving colleagues (whilst trying not to think of when Appetite For Destruction came out)

Gunz
    Free Member

Meeting people now in the RN who weren’t born when I joined up.

DezB
    Free Member

This:

Friday 7th December 2012 FROM THE JAM
    ~ In The City – 35th Anniversary Tour ~
    Plus Special Guests
    Doors 8.00pm £20.00

35 years!
    (Not that I’d go and see old shite)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Things that make you feel old’ is closed to new replies.