Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • things I have learnt this christmas
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

1. In a semi frozen water butt full fat coke cans (330ml) sink and coke zero cans of the same volume don’t.

2. lime pickle + left over turkey, ham and roast spuds = interesting noises.

GrahamS

1) A bottle of coke left in the garage will freeze and explode, covering everything in the garage in frozen coke slush.

2) tealights from Primark have plastic surrounds that melt and set fire to the dining room table.

Junkyard
    Free Member

your car screen washers have not frozen they have run out of water 😳

flip
    Free Member

1. I should have bought more D Cell batteries before xmas day for my sons Big Trak.

😳

the-muffin-man

things I have learnt this christmas….

…my wife has turned into her mother – I was warned!!!
    😕

Onzadog
    Free Member

I will get ill, every Christmas, without fail.

allthepies
    Free Member

your car screen washers have not run out of water they have frozen

Trekster

llthepies – Member

Yup, anything below -5 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

6 carrots and half a swede are too much for 6 adults and 4 small kids.

30 sprouts is about right.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I agree

6 carrots and half a swede are too much for 6 adults and 4 small kids.

singletrackmind

Old men in Nissan Micras really don’t know they are driving on a totally flat front tyre.

rOcKeTdOg

ballet heels are really difficult to walk in

saladdodger
    Free Member

Heating oil must be checked before christmas if you run out on boxingday you have no heating or hot water

Lesson learnt

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

teenage kicks… this afternoon, loudly!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Trekster – Member

llthepies – Member

Yup, anything below -5

Not if you fill with screenwash and water 50/50

IanMunro
    Free Member

Rocketdog wins the kinkiest Christmas award.

TN
    Free Member

Push-fit compression fittings are a nightmare to fit (when you have frozen hands and a badly cut finger) and it is amazing how much of the floor a pipe full of water can cover. Indoor swimming pool anyone?
    (on the plus side I learnt how to use a pipe-cutter and re-fit washing machine taps.)

Duggan

Don’t bother going out riding when everywhere that isn’t a main road is completely and unequivically covered in sheet ice.

Got lost (tbf this isn’t really to do wth ice)

Negotiated almost every single interesting descent on my arse, crab-like, pulling my bike down behind me.

Fell over numerous times including once off a bridge into a stream.

Got shocked by an electric fence 4 times trying to get over it to avoid slipping over 😡

Fell off on the way home along the canal when my bike disappeared from underneath me, in front of some guy who just looked at me on the floor with a very solemn expression on his face for a full 10 seconds then said ‘Ice’ and walked off.

TN
    Free Member

If Rocketdog doesn’t want those shoes, I’ll look after them for him…

rOcKeTdOg

hell of a ride Duggan! one to remember! 😀

rOcKeTdOg

email in profile TN 😉

Simon-E

Duggan, you can tell stories like that to your grandchildren when you’re old (and with age comes license to exaggerate a little).

Hope you don’t mind me laughing at with you over it, but I’d say that ride was character-building, and anything but boring.

Duggan

Simon E- no that’s fine 😆

I must admit when I got lost I did get a feeling of rising panic slowly developing in my stomach. Not really because I thought I wouldn’t find my way but I needed to ride back to Didsbury before dark and hadn’t even been out (or done any exercise) for 5 weeks before due to injury.

Back home eating tea now though so glad I went out even if it was a bit disasterous- like you say, it’s all a learning experience I guess 😀

Kunstler

Whisky is a great ambassador.

Not everyone wants to hear my songs.

The kids are OK.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Don’t push for a fart on boxing day – even if you think it’s better to get it out of the way before going to the currys sale in the car with your folks.

Jamie
    Free Member

I can stick my Brother in Law for a maximum of 2 days…anything more I start to turn feral.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘things I have learnt this christmas’ is closed to new replies.