Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Things aren't always bigger in the USA
  • RamseyNeil
    Free Member

How come a pint of Stans sealant sold in the UK only contains 16 fluid ounces , which constitutes a pint in the USA not the 20 fluid ounces that constitutes a pint in the UK . Surely they wouldn’t be allowed to do that with beer for example so why other products . Surely the measurement should be correct for the country in which the product is being sold .

scaredypants

US pint is smaller, you’re buying a US-made product

Please don’t ever buy american shoes, we’d drown in the tears 🙄

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

woosh!

jota180
    Free Member

Surely they wouldn’t be allowed to do that with beer for example so why other products

Of course they would if they sold it as a US pint rather than an Imperial pint

scaredypants

ChunkyMTB – Member
    woosh!

eh?
    woh?
    have I missed something, then ? 😳

ab1970
    Free Member

The only thing you can by in pints is draught beer and cider and of milk in returnable containers. You should have been sold 473ml of sealant which is how we’ve done things in the UK for the last 27 years.

You can’t legally sell a ‘US pint of beer’ in the UK. You could sell 473ml, providing it’s not draught of course.

specializedneeds

Plus you’re paying tax on alcohol, based on the quantity sold, hence the strict measure you receive.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Except a uk pint is 568ml Ab1970

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

So hypothetically if you bought a pint of milk from the local shop , found out it had been sourced from the USA would you bee a little unhappy that it was only 80 percent of a pint .

ab1970
    Free Member

Only milk in bottles is sold as pints. The vast majority of milk in this country has been sold in ml for almost 30 years.

This thread discusses whether sealant should be sold in US or UK pints. Both are illegal – it should be sold in ml as that’s the correct measurement for the country in which the product is being sold in.

brant
    Free Member

My cars mpg figures are much better now I use uk gallons not us gallons.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is this why Yanks can’t hold their drink?

Stoner
    Free Member

You should see mine – in nautical miles per gallon. Bloody awful! 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

I just had to check, Current average = 70.5 mpg US gallons average 58.7 mpg (I know I’m very sad) 😳

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Things aren't always bigger in the USA’ is closed to new replies.