Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Things a new IPod touch user should do…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Finally joined the 21st century and got an iPod. Never had one before and went for the 32gb touch.

Feel like a right newbie. As someone new what would you say I should do to make the most of this device (already have new headphones)

Sounds like you’ve done the most important thing already.

Get it hooked up to your pooter to make it work (if not already done) and hammer those apps – there’s plenty that are free.

There have been a few threads with app suggestions for HTC phones recently – search for those for useful stuff. Obviously not all will be available on iOS, but there’s likely to be similar.

br
    Free Member

download the ‘angle’ app and go check your bikes’

phiiiiil

My favourite app is “UK Map”, it’s a fiver but you get looks-like-OS-explorer-style mapping for the entire UK, sourced from last year’s released data, OSM footpaths etcetera. It’s not proper OS 25k mapping but it’s near enough for a fiver!

mboy
    Free Member

Download iDaft

It’s free, it’ll keep you amused for hours, and you’ll thank me for it later! 😉

nickhart
    Free Member

not be too disappointed that it’s not true gps just wifi location. get angry birds then delete it after finding your life flashing before your eyes.
    apps i like have been the bbc news, england rugby (obvious bias), sudoko, ipockt toolikt lite (various angle of dangle finders and a torch which is ok but not great), autocad ws for viewing cad drawings, skype and bbc iplayer (not an app but a home screen link)
    then sort your email accounts to view them
    then learn how to type using your thumbs with it on it’s side
    buy an otter box case for it, direct from the usa at the mo.
    oh and then load it with music, get really annoyed with itunes for predicting everything and changing you settings but then love the ipod for its ease of use and general loveliness
    oh and a griffin thing for the car to plug the ipod in and play through the car stereo, unless you’ve a posh car that has a wire!
    well that’s where i’m at !

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Got the feeling I might regret idaft but what the hell! 😉

(edit – downloaded it and looks good 🙂 )

CountZero

Also iBooks, Kindle and Stanza and stuff it full of books, many free or cheap. WeatherPro is a must have, and Living Earth HD is just a lovely thing to have on your bedside table while charging it overnight.

samuri
    Free Member

iMobsters if you want to lose weeks of your life.
    angry birds, yes.
    That’s it really.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Things a new IPod touch user should do…’ is closed to new replies.