Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Thin profile flat pedals ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

what are my options on thin [depth] profile flats ?

TIA 😯

psychle
    Free Member

Point One Podium’s were my choice, lovely things, not cheap though!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Superstar

Bagstard
    Free Member

I got some outland ones. 358g, very low profile and under £40. They have some on ebay at the moment.

the_lecht_rocks

are the superstar ones particularly thin profiled ?

ta

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I used to have some Easton Cully’s and the superstar ones are much thinner. Im not sure how thin they have to be to count as “thin profile”?

resisted
    Free Member

Canfield crampons and ludicrously thin, but mixed reviews regarding bushing life and grip.

woody2000

Canfield Crampons are pretty thin

http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/components/pedals

rewski
    Free Member

Point One Podium’s are lovely – STW highly rated too:

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Wow, £170 for some pedals. Pointless.

the_lecht_rocks

currently have easton flatboys but they’re toast.

would like slimmer flats….

ta

scruff
    Free Member

tlr-
    the superstar ones are quite thin yes, serpantly thinner than Wellgos. New DMR Vaults look good aswell.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

http://www.highonbikes.com/wellgo-mg1-magnesium-alloy-platform-flat-mtb-pedals.html

Wellgo MG-1’s?

Not the highest quality so won’t last for years but cheap, thin and lightweight.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

superstar/HT Components from Ready to Ride (same pedal) are about half the weight and half the thickness of Flatboys (writing as a F(l)atboy owner..)

Country_Gent
    Free Member

I’ve got some Specialized Lo Pro Mag pedals. Pretty good combination of thickness and price

psychle
    Free Member

can be had for around £135… still expensive I know, but they’re bloody nice pedals!

the_lecht_rocks

thanks all – will start shopping 🙂

wors

another vote for superstars.

mikey74
    Free Member

Another vote for Point One Podiums, or hang on for those Spank Spike ones.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Wellgo MG-1’s?

Not the highest quality so won’t last for years but cheap, thin and lightweight.

Take a look at them, they’re not thin at all.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just got some Octane One pedals off CRC, £20, they’re not as good as my burgtech penthouses, but they are cheep and very bright green!

grum
    Free Member

MG1s are really not thin at all. SS Nanos are pretty thin and very good imo.

si-wilson
    Free Member

http://progressive-bikes.co.uk/product/canfield_crampons_pedals/

Website won’t accept payments as yet, still waiting for payment providor to get their ass in gear!

mikey74
    Free Member

The reviews of the Crampons have been pretty damning, I have to say.

Largely centering around the platform size, which is too small and not grippy enough, I seem to remember.

si-wilson
    Free Member

The only UK review i have seen was from SDH, plenty of US reviews are quite positive.

The platform is certainly bigger than MG1, DMRV12 and Flat boys, all those i have used before and are no more or less grippy than the Crampons.

nille
    Free Member

I am using the DMR Vaults and am very happy with them. Fairly thin, they are gripping well and a have a big platform.

HTH

N.

alexxx
    Free Member

Superstar pedals for me or any of the other rebranded same bodied pedal you like. Any more being spent seems a bit silly as they are very flat and strong and seem to be wearing good as well.

Not seen any die yet either

ianpinder
    Free Member

The superstar pedals are good, however bearing life and reliability is an issue. The nukeproof pedals are essentially the same but with better internals.

My mag to nukeproof pedals weigh 250g for the pair! Lighter then my spds

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s surprising that more low cost thin pedals haven’t come out yet.

jedi

i got me some nukeproof pedals. look like full axel but they aren’t 🙁
    will see how long they last

ampthill

The really thin jobs still bulge for the first bearing. I think i’d end up stood on that with my feet rolled out…

jwt
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the polycarb/plastic Nukeproof pedals yet?
    They look quite thin and are light, but are they any good?

jimjam
    Free Member

Another Point One Podium user here. As you would hope/expect they feel incredible. Large, comfortable, grippy platform. Pretty much make any other flat feel bulky, cumbersome and nasty. However, I’ve had mine replaced under warranty recently, the tiny bearings at the end of the axles just collapsed leaving the races fused to the body, virtually impossible to remove without damaging the body making new bearing installation futile. Both Point One and Hotlines were very helpful with the warranty though.

davidtaylforth

Wow, £6000 for a pushbike? Pointless. Wow, £1100 quid for forks, pointless. Wow £200 for a mech, pointless. Etc.
    Durability issue aside they are vastly superior to any of the many other pedals I’ve used.

Blower
    Free Member

davidtaylforth

Wow, £6000 for a pushbike? Pointless. Wow, £1100 quid for forks, pointless. Wow £200 for a mech, pointless. Etc.

yep it is pointless.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Could be made& sold for way less, that’s the important point.

nick1962
    Free Member

How thin and how much?
    http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&p=940&
    17mm and £29.99-just gone up in price and they look identical to Superstars – they were only £23.99 a few weeks back(5 sets for the price of the Podiums!)

Kona Wah Wahs are supposed to be really good also 17mm around £50.00

MentalMickey
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    Take a look at them, they’re not thin at all.

LOL, you lot on this forum are well funny. They’re hardly house bricks either are they? How thin do they need to be, razors? Bwahahahahaha

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’ve got Superstar Nano tech pedals which I’ve been pleased with apart from the paint coming off a bit too easily.

fivespot
    Free Member

HT ones from Ready to Ride Cycles here (HT make the same pedals for Superstar). Ti spindles, only 295g. Far better than my old V12’s, as in thinner and far more comfortable. Simple to service and have been faultless over the last year.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I have MG1’s and outland cnc jobbies, the outland are way thinner, look good too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Thin profile flat pedals ?’ is closed to new replies.