Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Thieving Scumbags at Llandegla
  • deluded
    Free Member

In fairness fingerprinting the bike that was left at the scene is not that far out. Police will do that, although it will not prove the job it might highlight a well known sh*t bag who needs his front doors kicked in by the cops to arrest him, but more importantly see what he's got stored at his address.

However there is no need to be negative about the police (JohnClimber that is not helpful). It's not about it being too much like hard work, it's about competing and more important demands/priorities, like for example a burglary scene or photographing the injuries of some poor git who's had his head kicked kicked in during an unprovoked attack.

Flattyres, hope you get your bike back.

All the best,

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Ok, Ok I'm sorry, I take EVERYTHING back.

I want to see their bikes returned just as quickly as everyone else on here.

I'm just used to the great service they offer our local neighbourhood.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

That's the problem with this hobby of ours,expensive bikes and very easy to steal,even if they are locked.
    Hope you get the bike back.

higgo
    Free Member

Gutted for you both.
    Hope you get it back.

Higs

surfer
    Free Member

Especially llandegla, the scouce accent ratio is quite high there

Halfwit!

Sorry to hear about the theft, hope you get it back.

takisawa2

Trail centres with cafe's intended for bikers rarely have outside serving hatches. That would be a start.
    Hope you get the bike back mate. A bike theft is always shit news.

Jenga
    Free Member

Am I missing something here? A well specced bike is left unattended in a spot well known to have lots of bikes around. It gets nicked and the owner is given lots of sympathy. Stoopid behaviour just inviting the bike loss. Then a fraudulent claim to the insurance co., and all our premiums awill be just a little bit higher in future.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

surfer – Member

Especially llandegla, the scouce accent ratio is quite high there

Halfwit!

You missed the smiley off- Dave was taking the P1ss… 🙄

surfer
    Free Member

You missed the smiley off- Dave was taking the P1ss

I see.

patriot_matt
    Free Member

I suspect there has been a lot more than just three bikes stolen in four years, I know of at least two last year. A couple of months ago I had a brand new Pendle rack nicked off the back of my car which was parked in the bit near to the center.

Make sure everything is locked up and out of view or it will walk.

Matt.

johnners
    Free Member

A well specced bike is left unattended in a spot well known to have lots of bikes around. It gets nicked and the owner is given lots of sympathy. Stoopid behaviour just inviting the bike loss. Then a fraudulent claim to the insurance co., and all our premiums awill be just a little bit higher in future.

Yup, that's pretty much how it usually plays out on STW.

samuri
    Free Member

Even if it's dressed like one of us it could still be a thieving scumbag.

/looks around at everyone else suspiciously….

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Whilst it is awful to have your pride & joy stolen i really can't get my head around the idea that people will simply leave expensive bikes lying around unattended & unlocked.

I carry a good cable lock with me everywhere, yes it is heavy but much better than my bike disappearing when my back is turned. My friends all carry locks as well so the bikes are usually tethered several times over.

Andy

Ok so squabbling aside…the moral of the story here is if you aren't riding your bike it needs to be locked.

Shall certainly have a rethink about this myself

wrightyson
    Free Member

At least we beat em at rugby!!!!!

neil853
    Free Member

I don't think there's any point reminding the chap about the fact he left his/wives bike unattended, its more to do with the fact of what can be done to minimise thefts from Llandegla (or any area that we enjoy riding in).

Sorry for your loss though pal, what goes around comes around though, they'll get there's one day!

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Gutted for you flatttyres. We all do stupid thiings and no offence but leaving your bike unlocked in a place were expensive are knwon to be is one of those stupid things that I bet most people on here have done more than once. It your case its cost you, I have had it happen to myself, I'll never do it again though and I bet nor will you.

Live and learn, and accept that you will not see it again. Go out buy a new one and big lock.

daveob
    Free Member

I'm a regular and would advise anyone to lock their bike up there. However noone who works there does, so they are not BSing about the risk, but risk is risk IMO. If this shitty event stops one more bike going missing there fair play for posting.

Hope she gets it back!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Mr Baxter (orangista), I heard a rumour about your bike recently, that is probably no help this long after, but mail me and I'll tell you what I know.

robhughes
    Free Member

lowey–why must it be a scouser.seems more likely to be welsh tossers.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Swift YGM

Flattyres
    Free Member

I didn't post for sympathy. My wife knows she made a stupid mistake and is in the process of beating herself up about it. She made an error in judgement while full of adrenaline and happiness after her first ride for 1+1/2 years. She is normally very cautious.

I posted this up for two reasons: 1) – if you see the bike tell me or the Ruthin Police 2) to remind people the cost of complacency.

To her credit the first thing Sabine did after reporting the bike stolen was to walk into the cafe and tell everyone what had happened, so they had chance to check on their bikes.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Thieving Scumbags at Llandegla’ is closed to new replies.