Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Thieving Rascals! (Not A Bike, Thank The Gods)
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Was in the work gym and left some clothes there after a Wattbike session. Walked out feeling pretty good until I got home and realised I’d not packed my clothes.

In at work today looking for it and it’s not there. Tried the lost and found, spoke to the bloke who runs the gym, even tried getting through to the cleaners. Nothing.

Who’d nick a pair of shoes, t-shirt and some used cycling tights? Admittedly it’s good kit, but it’s several years old. Annoying thing is I’d not be able to replace it for what I paid for it.

Even more annoyingly, it means I can’t do my training today.

Anyone want to recommend me a pair of shoes for the Wattbike?

wwaswas

I suspect they just got binned and no ones fessign up in case they’re asked to pay for them…

mrblobby
    Free Member

You were planning on using today the t shirt and cycling shorts you used yesterday?

Don’t know about you but after a trainer session my kit constitutes a health hazard and needs to go directly to the washer. Maybe someone felt the same about yours and called environmental health to destroy it?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i do that with scrubbers/loofas/showergel and soap that folk leave in the showers in the gym at work.

its grim and disgusting so in the bin they go.

how ever left clothes i would stick in an open locker (as changing space is limited but lockers are plentiful) have you checked the lockers ?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’ve got spare clothes in my desk. However, no shoes. Wouldn’t be overly cut up about losing the clothes, but the shoes. Damn, that’s some cold thieving man. Are things to bad that you’d resort to stealing another man’s trainers?

Checked lockers, but no dice. They were a nice pair of shoes. Old, but still had a few years of gym/Wattbike use in them easy.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Check the bins.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Put a note up asking if it had been seen and some good Samaritan got in touch with my goods!

Means I can get my workout done today.

My faith in humanity is restored…for now!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Thieving Rascals! (Not A Bike, Thank The Gods)’ is closed to new replies.