Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Gypsie Child Thieves
  • Lanesra
    Free Member

This World

BBC Two, 7pm

Liviu Tipurita’s superb film is the best sort of campaigning documentary — compassionate, clear-eyed and committed. He shows how thousands of Romanian Gypsy children are living in makeshift, rat-infested camps across Europe and forced to steal, either by their own families or criminal gangs. Some 95 per cent of children picked up by the police in Madrid are Romanian, and in Italy the thieving has become so widespread that it has prompted a right-wing backlash. The 50 children who operate as pickpockets around Milan’s main railway station each make on average €400 (£345) a day. “These people should be shot,” one Italian says. Unfortunately, the Gypsies have been excluded for so long from mainstream society that stealing has become a profession passed down from one generation to the next and huge villas are now being built in Romania from the proceeds of child exploitation.

Should be a good watch

vinnyeh

I'm not sure about your community spiritedness in posting this, but I agree, it should be quite an eyeopener.

By the way, the absence of your comments on the Lockerbie issue has been noticed- could you not have provided some insights?

Stoner
    Free Member

was the pilot a scouser?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Chop their hands off!!

soobalias
    Free Member

your definition of good and my definition of dull seem to coincide.

Junkyard
    Free Member

WOW the transformation of man is complete the metamorphosis from ****** to rabid lefty is a joy to behold.
    Big hug and any chance you could bite the Cpt and spread the disease?

vinnyeh

was the pilot a scouser?

No, I may be wrong, but I believe lanesra lives in a grace-and-favour apartment in Regents Park which he is provided with by Libyan oil interests.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Always open to viewing things from the otherside of the fence vinny.

Re Lockerbie – I can't say too much as I know and dealt with all the main players from BP as they were in negotiations with us to rent an office block in Tripoli back in 06/07 and wider stuff from 05 onwards.

Al-Megrahi didn't do it though

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Back to your racist obsession with the Roma again?

surfer
    Free Member

Should be a good watch

If your intention is to be educated, to look for opportunities to contribute in some way or to provide empathy then maybe.
    However I suspect it is more to gloat that your simplistic stereotypical view of some people may be reinforced and somehow legitimized.

Its a cynical and depressing world that you inhabit.

enfht
    Free Member

We must stop blaming them and instead question why we aren't spending more to accomodate their social needs. Maybe kick off with a multi-million pound familiarisation project which looks into their cultural beliefs and aspirations. We must not judge them simply because they appear to be dirty thieving gypos because this is just our bigotted interpretation of a proud people with a rich culture and history.

TJ wouldnt you agree? 😆

grizzlygus
    Free Member

………… and here they come, slowly but surely, crawling from under their stones

enfht
    Free Member

crawling from under their stones

You're damn right, nasty comments from the STW Red Massive 😆

Nothing wrong with some light hearted banter but shite like "crawling from under their stones" maybe you should crawl back under your pile of Guardian back-issues 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I suppose this thread does let us see who the racist bigots are.

enfht
    Free Member

Hook, Line and Sinker

😆

sofatester
    Free Member

Here we go, it was only a matter of time 🙄

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with some light hearted banter but shite like "crawling from under their stones" …….

……….. is so much more offensive than, quote : "dirty thieving gypos"

enfht
    Free Member

That my wooly-headed friend is called Comedy

Cheer up and go for a ride 😀

EDIT: I must concede, the dirt is probably fake dirt

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I'm sitting here p1ssing myself laughing mate.

Why ? What did you think ?

kimbers

is there anyone posting on this thread that isnt trolling?

enfht
    Free Member

Spare any change ?

anagallis_arvensis

enfht, just to add balance I teach a few gypsy kids and all but one are good kids. The other can be the most annoying little shit I've ever taught but he is very honest, often very helpful and usually very polite.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

was the pilot a scouser?

Don't be so mean to him…a more fair minded poster I haven't met!

Lanesra
    Free Member

Nearly a full compliment netted – Just starting

MrAgreeable

I don't get this internet thing at all. You post an obnoxious opinion, other people point out how obnoxious you're being, and somehow you have "won"? 🙄

Lanesra
    Free Member

The "obnoxious" opinion I posted was from the Times review of the programme, take it up with them

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6810645.ece

I was just drawing the forums attention to a cause many of them feel passionate about

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nearly a full compliment netted – Just starting

Just about to point out that the irony was lost on you, and then I realised, wow, maybe you're being ironic too…you're coming on Arsenal.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Nearly a full compliment

Not really Lanesra. I normally find that 'gypsy' threads on STW usually bring to the surface a lot more bigoted racist neanderthal half-brains.

Up until now …… only you and enfht appear to have surfaced.

What's all that about then ? 😕

roper
    Free Member

Lanesra, you are trying to be clever but you missed Mr Agreeable's point.

erbii
    Free Member

I stopped watchin' neighbours to watch this now.. ****!

IanMunro
    Free Member

"And here's pictures of the most famous theives in my family"

Just waiting for Borat to turn up now 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is this about pikeys?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is this about pikeys?

Kuco

Right thieving begging feckers. Felt sorry for some the little kids you could see they didn't like what they were forced to do.

Lanesra
    Free Member

All in all a bit dissapointing – felt a bit sorry for some of the kids as they had no choice but most of them seemed to be enjoying their "work".

Didn't really change any views I previously held on the matter – 6/10

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Didn't really change any views I previously held on the matter – 6/10

Well thank the bejesus for that. As the song goes Arsenal,

"Don't go changing, to try and please me, you've never let me down before…
    …I just want someone I can talk to, I want you just the way you are"

kennyp
    Free Member

Not really Lanesra. I normally find that 'gypsy' threads on STW usually bring to the surface a lot more bigoted racist neanderthal half-brains.

And also the equally bigoted neanderthal PC half-brains I usually find. As with most things in life, the truth is generally somewhere in the middle ie both sides have valid points of view.

The automatic tagging of someone as a racist bigot just because they hold views that other folk don't agree with is one of the most tiresome and offensive things on here.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Kenny – fair enough but its not 'cos I disagree – I disagree with plenty of folk on here but the posts that some folk make are clearly racist such as

I'm all against racism but, gypsies deserve all they get, imo
    Truly are scum of the earth

No question that is racist.

hugh_b
    Free Member

For those of you who don't mind "gypsies" most probably haven't been affected by them in the areas in which you live. I have no sympathy for them and don't think the government should do anything to accommodate them.
    I could go into masses of detail as to what has gone on where i live over the last 5 years and even more so the last month but i'd be here for hours!
    The racism card is thrown around way too much now days, as English people we are always seen as racist if we have an opinion on those who aren't. However it never works the other way around does it?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

And "dirty thieving gypos" on this thread is indisputably racist.

"The automatic tagging of someone as a racist bigot …… is one of the most tiresome and offensive things on here"

Well that's a relief ……… I go out of my way to be offensive to racists 8)

"As with most things in life, the truth is generally somewhere in the middle ie both sides have valid points of view"

OK, let's work this one out……

Racists claim that Gypsies are sub-human. Non racists claim that Gypsies are human beings like everyone else.

So where does the truth lie ? Gypsies are a bit sub-human ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Gypsie Child Thieves’ is closed to new replies.