Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Thicker grips?
  • p7rich
    Free Member

Mostly used Lizard Skins Chargers in the past, but fancy trying some thicker grips on my new build. Anyone tried thicker ones and share experience and/or make recommendations? I prefer the type with metal collars each end (for deftly glancing off trees!).

bigblackshed

Oury lock ons. On One were selling them a while ago. Not overly expensive and they work with the standard ODI collars. Lizard Skins use the same collar to.

I’ve got bear like paws, standard grips feel too small in diameter. The Ourys are nicely fat and comfy.

OURY GRIPS @ ON ONE

bartimaeus
    Free Member

I like the Superstar grips: their modular system means you can try different grips reusing the same locking rings and caps.

I started out with the thicker Excel grips, but after a while I switched to the standard SuperGrippas… and now I have the thinner Zeros. New cartridges are 5 or 6 quid.

BoardinBob

I like a really thick grip and I’m currently using Bontrager Rhythms. Really impressed with them.

I’ve used superstar grips a lot but they wear out really quickly. I wore a pair down to the plastic core after two weeks in the Alps.

jk1980
    Free Member

I’ve been pleased with the ODI yeti grips

singlesteed
    Free Member

RaceFace good n evil grips are thick! But no lockon version!

Oh and I came from a set of Odi yeti lockons which were thin imo

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

If you like Lizard skins try North Shore lock ons, been great hard wearing.
    Also have a look at Prologo Chameleon grips lock on again, but think and been good so far.

robdob
    Free Member

I got some Specialized thick lock on grips and I love them. Think they are called enduro (ie after the bike they make?) grips.

batfink
    Free Member

ODI rogues….

PJM1974
    Free Member

ODI Vans here, nice and chunky.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got LS Northshore grips and they’re lovely and chunky. Looking at them I assume ODI make them.

shinsplints

Sunline used to do some great thick lock ons when they did MTB stuff
    Worth a web trawl

andymc06
    Free Member

+1 ODI Rogues. Nice and thick and they get stickier the more you use them.

chris_db
    Free Member

+1 Oury – hard wearing and good grip too!

adds

+ 1 For the Enduro xl grips, I got them to try to cure sore hands and they did a great job. Really helped with hand fatigue on long rides. Look good and as normal spechs quality.

tymbian
    Free Member

I’m always on the lookout for thicker grips. I currently use Oury grips from OnOne. They are thicker than the North Shore and are £5.99 a pair. Very pleased with these for the money. I’m going to try Esi grips in Extra Chunky guise next. I think these are a bit thicker and softer.

deano8
    Free Member

Race face Strafe on crc stopped my hands from buzzing after day long rides.
    Very chunky

robdob
    Free Member

I got some brown Spesh Enduro XL grips for £7 a pair so I bought 3 pairs, love them!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Ritchey pro true grips/raceface good and evil.Not lock-on though.Ritchey ones are great.

euans2
    Free Member

I use Raceface Strafe grips on all my bikes, they are a nice size for big hands and do a good job or removing a lot of the trail buzz

p7rich
    Free Member

Cheers fellas. A nice shortlist. 🙂

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

ESI Extra Chunky – Awesome! 🙂

tymbian
    Free Member

Esi extra chunky ordered…last minute crimbo pressie to self…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Thicker grips?’ is closed to new replies.