Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thicker 3M copter tape for downtube protection.
  • J273
    Free Member

I’m looking for a replacement downtube protector which come pre-fitted to pretty much all spesh frames I’ve had. With other framesets from spesh I’ve bought they come with replacement protectors but this new frame don’t.

I’d ideally like to replace the protector as it’s pre cut around the cable mounts but after contacting spesh they won’t sell me a replacement.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of the thicker 3M tape not the usual thin copter tape?

Thanks

nealy
    Free Member

This http://www.vikingtapes.co.uk/c-169-3m-8671hs-polyurethane-protective-tape.aspx#.UzLM6fl_tjE

Or search ebay for “solid neoprene rubber sheet” then cut to shape and stick on

fozzybear
    Free Member

Out all the tape I’ve used jra copter tape is the thickest and best.

hainman
    Free Member

I know its not heli-tape but aldi had/has clear outdoor tape and i use it for frame taping as do my mates,courtesy of my roll and it works a treat,only 3 quid a roll and its plentiful.20odd metres per roll,and doesnt budge in these harsh conditions,its lasted a good few months on my bike through rain.sleat,snow and plenty of mud,and still CLEAR…

thinktank
    Free Member

Shelter tape is probably the most hardcore adhesive tape – but not cheap.

Its branded Effetto Mariposa now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thicker 3M copter tape for downtube protection.’ is closed to new replies.