Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • They only went and did it….
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member
    trailmonkey

Excellent, Happy Xmas Sony.

Harry_the_Spider

Ho ho ho

jon1973
    Free Member

That's one in the eye for those big multinationals.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yeah, Sony are crying all the way to the bank.

nickname
    Free Member

I hope my 29p helped them 🙂

jabbathehut
    Free Member

kinda proves a point tho…if you want those f**kmonkeys from x-factor off the top spot it can be done. Personally i know they both come under the sony umbrella but im glad it is not an x-factor winner on the top.

charlierevell
    Free Member

The 29p ones dont count…..?

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

you do realise they are both on the Sony record label – LOL!!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Laughing!
    So it was Sony behind the campaign. Clever!!
    Win/win.

bassspine
    Free Member

Cynical old Hector: They'll manage to redo the count somehow by the time the actual chart comes out.

nickname
    Free Member

woohoo 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

The 29p ones dont count…..?

That's a bit of an urban myth apparently.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

thehillsofsomerset – Member

you do realise they are both on the Sony record label – LOL!!

Yes, as are 9 out the top 10 Albums… 🙄

Just nice not have yet another crap x- factor buble gum shite tune at no.1… 😉

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

I'm happy, most of the proceeds going to charity and means some **** talent show winner doesn't get to number one, thats a result in my book

tails
    Free Member

Seems fair to me that joe fellow whilst he has a good voice is dull as sin, would have preferred to see that other lad win, at least he had a little boogie on the stage.

Love to hear cowell/macellderry meeting on monday.

Coyote
    Free Member

One happy Coyote here.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

+++ From the BBC website +++

"Cowell added the bad weather may have prevented McElderry fans getting to the shops to buy his CD, which was released on Wednesday. "

yes, that's what it was

jon1973
    Free Member

One happy Coyote here.

I quite surprised to hear how important the Christmas number one is to a lot of people.

roper
    Free Member

But won't the just play the cowell song anyway (and all the time) as it doesn't have swearing?

vinnyeh

One manipulative campaign replaced by another.

It's still not about the music, is it?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

HAHAHAHHAHA

"PURCHASE POWER"

made my Christmas!

guido

Why is this important to some?

And i think its sadder than buying the x factor single.
    There said it.

Coyote
    Free Member

I quite surprised to hear how important the Christmas number one is to a lot of people.

Not important at all. Merely a bit more entertaining than a manufactured product achieving what it was made to do.

vinnyeh

Merely a bit more entertaining than a manufactured product achieving what it was made to do.

Strike me as a bit ironic- resurrect an old song (I assume it was only an album track, cba to check), package it as a single and give it a job to do.

Result –

a manufactured product achieving what it was made to do.

Drac

And i think its sadder than buying the x factor single.
    There said it

Yup I agree.

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

Worth a few pence to annoy the TV zombies addicted to "Celebrity Strictly Come X Factor on Ice with pets" or whatever the hell it is…

plop_pants
    Free Member

Heard it said that profits from RATM's single is going to a charity for the homeless. So yes, win, win.

Coyote
    Free Member

Merely a bit more entertaining than a manufactured product achieving what it was made to do.

Strike me as a bit ironic- resurrect an old song (I assume it was only an album track, cba to check), package it as a single and give it a job to do.

Result –

a manufactured product achieving what it was made to do.

Whatever.

Junkyard
    Free Member

is the irony of buying a virally marketted song with the chorus of f@ck you I wont do what you told you lost on everyone here?

nickname
    Free Member

is the irony of buying a virally marketted song with the chorus of f@ck you I wont do what you told you lost on everyone here?

No, it's just a bit of fun 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

As a RATM fan, I think it's great.
    We're constantly force fed more f***ing cover versions delivered with no passion at all. If the UK wasn't so full of morons maybe programmers would get rid all of the sh1t we get on the radio and telly.

PJ266
    Free Member

No, I just think no one cares? X-factor isnt number one. Excellent.

Stop reading any more into it you tools.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I would actually be quite interested to know the ages of each person here! Like, isn't the Christmas no 1 only of relevance to 10 year olds nowadays?? As far as i am aware there is amazing music being perfomed and recorded all over the world, you just need to go out and find it. I went to see Baka Beyond and danced my socks off for two hours a couple of weeks ago. Sure they are not number one but then I am not a spotty young teen who worries about these things 😀

Drac

/Applauds Simon.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

1 KILLING IN THE NAME RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE 502672
    2 THE CLIMB JOE MCELDERRY 450838
    3 BAD ROMANCE LADY GAGA 61677

Sony sold nearly a million records this week. Well done Sony!

[both tracks equally suck, bigtime, IMO]

PJ266
    Free Member

I am a teenager (spots are calming down now though) Christmas number one is only relevant to 10 year olds due to the crap being released, if some good music is around Im more interested.

jahwomble
    Free Member

I'm quite happy with the result, If you don't complain about being force fed banal common denominator s**t, that relies on offending the least number of people possible to get sales, eventually that's all you'll be offered.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Like, isn't the Christmas no 1 only of relevance to 10 year olds nowadays??…..

……and keyboard revolutionaries obviously 🙄

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

I would actually be quite interested to know the ages of each person here! Like, isn't the Christmas no 1 only of relevance to 10 year olds nowadays??

In my 30's seen RATM many years ago. Now middle aged, in a job that places me now as middle class. Does that mean anything? I really doubt it. Not cared about the Christmas number one ever really. Doubt I will next year either.

An excerpt from a music class of mine:
    "Sir, can you play something good?"
    "There are more than 8000 tracks on this Ipod and it's on shuffle, I don't do requests."
    "But can't we have something good"
    "Do you mean something from the TV or the radio"
    "Yeah…"
    I smile as they get the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘They only went and did it….’ is closed to new replies.