Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thetford/Brandon…..tell thee more….
  • letmetalktomark

I have lived in Suffolk for two years and have done a reasonable amount of riding around the area.

For quick simple outings I ride at Thetford, riding out from Brandon.

When enjoying a bacon bap and a coffee at Brandon (its a ritual!) after riding on Saturday I noticed a plethora of riders kitted out as if they were at Glentress 😕 Hmm.

Does Thetford have trails that require such kit? If so where are they? The black route is hardly challenging! 😆

I used to live 15 minutes from the Quantocks so would like something a bit more challenging.

Can anyone help?

Do many of you ride there often?

tails
    Free Member

I think some people just value there knees, arms, face more than you are I, in my opinion there is nothing wrong with it. Perhaps they had a bad fall in the past or more likely the job they do requires they don't look like a ****.

letmetalktomark

Please don't interperet the above as anything more than an observation 😳

I guess I should have also said that I have never seen anyone fully kitted out on the trails – inferring they head off piste. These be the trails I am after 😆

Not sure what you are getting at re the face comment 😕

richmars

Do you ride the Brandon side? That's about it really, no hidden hills! The most damage I've sustained is riding the uncut stuff during the summer, nettles and brambles but nothing worse.

kimbers

i have done myself damage on the beast of the east, is it still there?

landed a jump badly fuct up my knee and snapped the top tube on my muni mula 🙁

pads wouldve saved me a lot of pain

but skill would have saved me a new frame

mtbfix

Just the folk who took up golf ten years ago throwing cash at the new cool sport. It's like the guys you see at Swinley on IH Sundays. Overkill.

tails
    Free Member

Not sure what you are getting at re the face comment

I mean say someone is wearing a full face on a easy trail, they might be wearing it as their job requires them to meet clients and not have 3 weeks off with a scabby face.

letmetalktomark

Do you ride the Brandon side?

I park up at Brandon then ride out from there.

Have seen people unloading big bikes of late too. Hmm. 😕

Looks like the beast could be as knarly as it gets then. 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thetford/Brandon…..tell thee more….’ is closed to new replies.