Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • These Titec Jones J Bars
  • rockitman

As seen here:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=47328

Anyone use them? Any thoughts?

Was thinking about getting some bar ends but thought these might be a better shout. How long does it take to get used to having your hands in a different position?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I'm running a set, the "zero rise" means you need to get a steep stem unless you are already running flat bars

Good on a geared bike as you can use the forward extensions properly, pointless on a SS

but running gears can be difficult, I use dual control successfully.

fully converted? I'm not sure, but they prompt a lot of debate

rockitman

Thanks. I take it you put the shifters (if you were using shifters!) and brake levers on the back end of the bar ends and not in the middle?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I have the dual controls on the forward extensions, I didn't try a set of std shifters

ton

i ran some for a week.
    could not get my brakes or shifters in a good position.
    ok for clown ss bikes.

rockitman

Thanks.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I bought Tons off him … now on a single speed and I like 'em 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

I've used thumbshifters on Pauls mounts with them. That's OK, but you lose much of the benefit of the forward extension – a Mary bar is effectively the same at that point, but cheaper. I think Jones prefers either dual control as b_n_D says, or else barcon shifters in the rearward ends. Standard under-bar triggers aren't a go-er.

For £60 if you're going to use gears I'd definitely get 4 sets of Marys instead unless you particularly like the looks. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘These Titec Jones J Bars’ is closed to new replies.