Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • These headphones? Why yes, they are, as a matter of fact….
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RaphaPosingCans

Goes with the scarf, I suppose.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bin
    Dun.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah. Sorry.
    Bin away.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

nah the other one was for coffee

standard B&0 H6 price no? its Rapha, i want them to overprice!!

drlex
    Free Member

Leaving thoughts about Rapha / B&O VFM aside, wouldn’t one want wireless cans with washable ear pads for use on the trainer?

AlasdairMc

One wouldn’t go on the trainer with Rapha though. One would instead go outside into the rain and take arty black and white photos of grimacing in drizzle

Lifer
    Free Member

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

This thread went way over my mtbers head.

RustySpanner

In response to several comments and requests, Rapha will shortly be introducing a new range of suppositories.

Nice to know they listen.

saxabar
    Free Member

One would instead go outside into the rain and take arty black and white photos of grimacing in drizzle.

Yet oddly not popular here in N.Wales.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/39401372[/video]

saxabar
    Free Member

Out of interest: do they use the same grizzled damp b/w branding across the world (e.g. San Francisco where they are very popular)?

jools182
    Free Member

I suppose they are portraying some romantic idea of stoic heroism about cycling, which must appeal to cyclists world wide

If they showed someone in the Californian sun, bright white smile, it might look like it was too much like fun

eddie11
    Free Member

Just look at Peloton magazine, it’s full of Americans who soooo wish they were Belgian

BigDummy
    Free Member

Here in Hong Kong, there is a Rapha Fan Club/Chapter.

Most of the pictures they generate of themselves riding are in grainy black & white, but do appear to be taken on very sunny days.

It’s quite sweet. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

(as always, while the affectation is a bit LOLz, I don’t regard this as the height of idiocy. Beats by Dre, supposedly renowned for their poor audio quality and also apparently designed to make you look faintly annoying are in the same sort of price bracket.)

edhornby

even better – according to the link there is even

Rapha Recovery Tracks spotify playlist

they are now suggesting what music is acceptable as part of your rapha approved image !

lest we forget, they have a shop in an outlet village but it’s not the last season kit it’s an “Archive”

hilldodger
    Free Member

I appreaciate it’s a “stw thing” to mock the Rapha image but is it really any more ludicrous than pictures of goons in novelty eyewear “pulling shapes” every Friday in a desperate bid to punt the emperor’s newest mountain biking clothes 😆

nickc

The “Rapha Image” is no less or more annoying that lots of other advertising that goes on TBH.

They clearly know their demographic, and I suspect it isn’t most of us.

Northwind

drlex – Member

Leaving thoughts about Rapha / B&O VFM aside, wouldn’t one want wireless cans with washable ear pads for use on the trainer?

Wired works OK tbh as long as you set up the cable sensibly. Washable, oh hell yes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

This together with POC et al are perfect for spotting the knobbers, long may it continue.

Northwind

The weird thing with POC is, their functional stuff- helmets, pads etc- can be pretty reasonably priced considering. (I returned the helmet, didn’t like it but it was £55. Got the elbow pads for £50, they’re brilliant and they last forever, bargain)

Then along comes a £400 sock.

hilldodger
    Free Member

…. spotting the knobbers

Trip Advisor’s pretty good for that as well 😆

mashiehood
    Free Member

i really like rapha gear and if that means im classified as a ‘knobber’ by the STW massif, so be it!

DezB
    Free Member

carry a $30 mark up over the standard B&O BeoPlay H6. Based on the premium materials used for the Rapha version, that’s not such a bad deal

😆

Then I thought, ‘wonder what’s on a Rapha Spotify Play list? Bet it’s a load of shit!’ And… there’s loads of stuff I like on there 😥 Kill me now 🙁

Del

lol @ hilldodger

jameso

Here in Hong Kong, there is a Rapha Fan Club/Chapter.

Most of the pictures they generate of themselves riding are in grainy black & white, but do appear to be taken on very sunny days.

It’s quite sweet.

Aww .. : ) to be fair though / for balance, I was riding in Taiwan a couple of years back when they did a Rapha Continental ride there. 2 days out-back over the central cross-island highway. Same mountain, same weather, same route, same days. Full respect for the guys on that ride .. the weather was filthy, the climb is an utter monster and hits 3150m (in the wind, rain and very cold) and although you could say they weren’t well equipped, easy for me to say that with bags on my bike with spares in. I kipped at the roadside that night in a wet bag rather than go over the top so late in those conditions, they were riding a few hours ahead and had carried on. They got a very fair share of suffering I expect and were out again the next day on the return leg (ie another near-sea level to 3150m climb, among others) where I rode with a few of them to chat. Good bunch. I doffed my non-exclusive, free-from-a-sportive-I-did and rather tatty cap.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I looked at their aero helmet yesterday. Appears to be a regular shell under an egg-shaped cover. £200+

hilldodger – Member

…. spotting the knobbers

Trip Advisor’s pretty good for that as well

STW good for that also – along with the Sunday afternoon fishwives.

DezB
    Free Member

Do Rapha do handbags?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not sure about handbags but they do a “race” bag…

Only 600 quid.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘These headphones? Why yes, they are, as a matter of fact….’ is closed to new replies.