Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • These crazy ads at the top^^^^^^
  • ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

These ads flick away then change in some sort of random pattern. If I want to click on a specific ad how do I know when it will appear, or is there any sort of running order/list that I can see to choose the ad I want. Do I just have to sit here waiting for an indefinite time until the required ad pops up?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ads?

thomthumb
    Free Member

i don't always see the ads but on a different computer today – saw a good advert for action van – that looks cool. might put the ads back on… 😀

james
    Free Member

I thought they changed every time your chagned pages (eg front page, forum page, each thread etc..
    Or have I not stuck around on the same page for long enough for it to change to another?

vinnyeh

Ads?

yeah. I see 'em on some browsers, not on others.

The one that gets me is the 'burn the fat (burnthefat.com)' one- tried to chase down what it was about the other day, thinking it was one of those herbal life type outfits. None the wiser about it really, other than it's selling a book, but the owners seem to have done a really good job of spamming the net with their stuff.

Still, I guess it must be legit- there's no way the STW crew would take dodgy ad money, is there, specially health related 8)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh….

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

yeah, I know they can be blocked, but that's not the point. How do I get to see a particular ad other than by sitting here waiting and waiting. The morality of why they are there isn't really relevant. For once I want to click on one, and I don't know when it will appear!!!

james
    Free Member

keep refreshing the page until it appears?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘These crazy ads at the top^^^^^^’ is closed to new replies.