Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • These cheap Planet X tops…
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got a couple and they are very nice, so nice in fact that I’ve ordered some more.

But it has got me thinking… are any of them actually faulty or is it a bit of brilliant product placement? They must have shifted an awful lot of them and the damaged/smelly cover story works because I wouldn’t buy a £10 top because it may be crap, but I would buy a £40 top reduced to a tenner with the risk that it may be a slight second.

Whatever, I’m happy with mine.

Has anybody got a smelly or dirty one BTW?

surfer
    Free Member

I got a long sleeve one and it is perfect. Ordered a short sleeve and that has a mark on which looks like it will come out in the wash.

iDave
    Free Member

I wear a cotton t-shirt from Oxfam

Earl
    Free Member

short sleeve that has a mark on which didn’t come off in the wash.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

My long sleeve one has a few minor marks on it also, nothing more than it’ll get the first time it’s used though.

-Shines-
    Free Member

basically the tops were packed damp and then shipped. Some tops were marked more than others but most marks will come out in the wash.

Planet x are able to sell at a discount as I imagine they negotiated a big discount with the manufacturer.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Mine came with black marks from the black cardboard label, they came out very easily.

mrchrispy

blue L/S – perfect
    blue S/S – musty smell and black mark, washed out fine.
    yellow S/S – perfect

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’re fairly ugly. Saw one at a Sportive on Saturday – ewww.

Junkyard
    Free Member

both mine did not smell nice but both unmarked. I also had a similiar thought to HTS and at least we will be able to spot STW everywhere now.
    All cycling tops are gash IMHO
    Better quality than Aldi tops 😉

Alejandro
    Free Member

Well mine were ever so slightly damp, so unless this alleged product placement is very elaborately orchestrated…

TheFlyingOx

Mine was fine. No odd smells and no odd marks.
    Stupid horrendously big, ugly and ungainly zip cover thing at the top though. It was removed post-haste.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

All cycling tops are gash

I beg to differ

TheFlyingOx

When I grow up, I want my hair to look like spaniel ears.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘These cheap Planet X tops…’ is closed to new replies.