Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • There's bound to be a STWette who will do this…
  • epicyclo

For ladies only

Row the Atlantic for £15k

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nice legs 8)

fasthaggis

Savage price

P-Jay
    Free Member

Coach, Motivational Speaker

Oh what fun that would be for weeks at sea – I suspect only one of us would survive the part through International Waters.

matt_outandabout

I met a lady taking part in this (solo!) at surroundedbyhills house last week…

Home

globalti
    Free Member

I used to know the “Sister Marion” at London Rubber Co who make Durex and Marigold gloves. Amongst the more bizarre requests she received was one for all the reject johnnies from some bloke who wanted to float across the channel on them.

(She had to devise a sealable foil pack for product returns and her phone was often ringing with calls from couples in Ireland begging her to send samples.)

kcal

/thread.

DickBarton

Mate is doing that…same person as matt_outandabout is referring to. Mental but also very exciting challenge.

qwerty
    Free Member

A female friend of ours has done it. Apparently you end up rowing naked as any salt/clothing friction causes skin problems.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

How long does it take? If it’s a long time, I might offer up the Mrs.

DrP

We drove past the tallisker row boat on Sunday on the way to the brass monkey…
    (DrP fact of the day)

DrP

hammyuk
    Free Member

qwerty – Member
    A female friend of ours has done it. Apparently you end up rowing naked as any salt/clothing friction causes skin problems.

saunters off to apply for the webcam monitoring vacancy……

slackalice
    Free Member

I’ve sailed across the Atlantic, both ways, in an 80′ maxi. There is no way that I would even contemplate rowing it. 😯

So I guess it’s lucky I’m not a girl. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘There's bound to be a STWette who will do this…’ is closed to new replies.