Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • There's an app for that, sadly.
  • wwaswas

“Get your mortar at just the right angle with our ‘baddies be gone’ app”

teethgrinder

I think they are the baddies, judging by the beards…

crikey
    Free Member

… but the shirt on the left is from Gap, how can we be sure?

wwaswas

It’s the Free Syrian Army.

So they’re goodies for now but once they win they’ll probably turn out to have been baddies all along.

jam-bo

It’s all about the emerging markets…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The ingenuity of the human mind. That’s why we’re top of the food chain. Just imagine what we could achieve if we used our talents for the good of human kind? The middle east would be easy, world hunger a synch. Cold Fusion a mere coffee break puzzle. We might even be able to settle the wheel size debate once and for all.

camo16
    Free Member

Rookie error from that Mac user, though. Hold it at that rakish angle and all the apps in the dock slide off the edge of the screen.

crikey
    Free Member

You tell they’re goodies for now, because that blue shirt has nice creases ironed in the sleeves.

sandwicheater

Garden could do with a tidy.

Is he building an on-one?

southbeds
    Free Member

next weeks Grand Designs

fasthaggis

It’s all about the emerging marketsMeerkats.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If the Apple is upside down is it like a pentagram and evil/not evil depending on orientation?

Kuco

Sure he’s not face timing Obama?

I wonder if Apple will bring an anti-mortar patch out

GrahamS

While I admire their hi-tech approach I’m not convinced that’s really any more accurate than say a plumb line and a protractor.

5thElefant
    Free Member

But your plumb line doesn’t have google maps and give you exact distance to target.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I think they are the baddies, judging by the beards…

My mate has a beard, but he’s generally well behaved…

Stu by jimmyg352, on Flickr

looks can be deceiving though!

Which reminds me, how do I get rid if the ‘Stu by jimmyg’ bit etc when I post a photo from Flikr? No-one else’s posts do it normally!

Northwind

@essex- if you use the flickr link it puts that on, if you get yourself a direct link (like you’d do if hotlinking pictures elsewhere) you just get the photo.

Right:

Wrong:

P1030792 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

CountZero

There’s an iPhone app for snipers, that has the phone attached to the rifle, and uses the camera, with screen info for range, elevation, windage, etc… 😯
    That bloke would be better off using Theodelite on an iPhone… 😀

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Google maps integration is probably not actually that tricky is it? Punch in your mortar and munitions, direction and elevation? I bet there actually is an app for that!

DickBarton

stop talking mince…he has had a stupid moment and now questioning why he thought that size and shape object would fit in a tube…good idea to get rid of it, just not the best way.

tinybits
    Free Member

He’s going to shoot himself in the foot – the iPads the wrong way up!

wwaswas

look what just came through on my twitter feed;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=CeRZls2MRvk[/video]

lots of ipad action.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

makes you wonder what the would do if they had a proper mortar line with an MFC and a fire control computer/ tables

alternatively they can lob random mortar bombs in the general direction of the enemy essentially the same way we have been doing since the middle ages

dobo
    Free Member

I cant see past the vignetting on that photo, i didnt even see the apple logo until the 2nd look!
    bet it was taken on an iphone

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Google maps integration is probably not actually that tricky is it? Punch in your mortar and munitions, direction and elevation? I bet there actually is an app for that!

you need GPS/ be able to read a map to get your position and elevation as well as where you are shooting at, or a known observer position range and direction to target and (elevation)

Jamie
    Free Member

Tracker1972
    Free Member

you need GPS/ be able to read a map to get your position and elevation as well as where you are shooting at, or a known observer position range and direction to target and (elevation)

GPS in the iPad, tap the map for where you think they are, elevation data from Google maps/Earth, quick bit of maths, direction with inbuilt compass, built in inclinometer for elevation…

Houns

😆

Northwind

DickBarton – Member

stop talking mince…he has had a stupid moment and now questioning why he thought that size and shape object would fit in a tube…

“****ing apple, incompatible with my old hardware!”

big_n_daft
    Free Member

GPS in the iPad, tap the map for where you think they are, elevation data from Google maps/Earth, quick bit of maths, direction with inbuilt compass, built in inclinometer for elevation…

makes you wonder why they ever miss 😉

GrahamS

Be much easier just to call in a Predator drone strike from the iPad, no?

Or maybe just target the Ion Cannon?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

“New Orange 5 prototype tested in Syria”

@ northwind

loving your work there

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘There's an app for that, sadly.’ is closed to new replies.