Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • There may yet be hope…..
  • dazh

A new first on the commute this morning. A bus driver apologised to me for being in the ASL at some lights on Oxford Road in Manchester. He said they’d all recently had cycle training and understood now what they were for and that he was sorry I had to go round him! This may be a one-off but I’m hoping it’s a sign that the whole drivers v cyclists thing is just media driven hype and nonsense.

chambord
    Free Member

On my commute up Oxford Road I noticed that a larger than usual number of cyclists stopped at the red lights and I didn’t get nearly killed in Rusholme by a u-turning taxi once.

The planets must have aligned or some other similar magic.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

sarcasm / wishful thinking Dazh?

If not, we can only hope that his attitude catches on. I bet you arrived at work feeling happier than you would have!

dazh

Perhaps it is wishful thinking, but generally on the whole I have very little trouble with drivers. Quite the opposite in fact. Last night on a dark country lane a driver flagged me down. When I stopped I realised my rear light had disappeared (knocked off by hitting a large pothole earlier) and I had assumed he’d stopped to just to let me know. In fact he’d stopped to give me my light back as he’d spotted it on the road and stopped to pick it up. I guess I shouldn’t get too hopeful as I’ll probably get knocked off tonight on the way home!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘There may yet be hope…..’ is closed to new replies.