Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Them Uberbike Finned Pads…
  • teethgrinder

Anyone happen to know if the Saint/Zee finned pads will fit Hope M4 calipers?

It’s a long shot, but the shape is almost the same, apart from the pointy bits on the Hope pads.

tmb467
    Free Member

Speak to Uberbike mebbe?

teethgrinder

Anyone else?

poah
    Free Member

if the non-finned ones fit its possible the finned ones will as well, assuming the finned parts don’t interfere with the caliper

teethgrinder

I might take a punt on a set of finned ones tomorrow. word is they might, but nothing definitive.

legend
    Free Member

A more important question is probably – why bother?

teethgrinder

Shits n giggles.

Why not?

poah
    Free Member

legend – Member

A more important question is probably – why bother?

because they do actually reduce heat from the caliper/pad/disc and why not

fooman

You might have to trim a fin or two but I don’t see why not. Mates tell me the Uber set looks good quality.

teethgrinder

First impressions… The Saint pads and the backing plate for the fins needs about 0.5mm off each side edge. The angle grinder will be coming out!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Wouldn’t attaching the pads to the finned backs with computer thermal paste help to transfer heat?

teethgrinder

Probably, but I don’t have any! And – the thickness of the new pad and back is about the same as the M4 pad. Would have to be a very thin smear.

STATO
    Free Member

Werent uber pads getting a slating on here the other day?

teethgrinder

It fits! It sits!
    Needed 0.5mm off like I mentioned above. Pad sits in the same place on the disc and in the caliper as the M4 pads. Will be bedding them in tomorrow at Chopwell.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s very high/proud isn’t it!

teethgrinder

🙂

Somewhat!

Gave the Race Matrix a quick bedding it – time will tell whether they are any good compared to sintered.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Good luck with the matrix pads. I found better stopping by dragging my feet.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Them Uberbike Finned Pads…’ is closed to new replies.