Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Them there Schwalbe tyres…which one for…
  • vondally
    Free Member

Okay looking at the on one site and see the Schwalbe tryes on offer, so which are the most appropiate for xc trails, rocky and wet in spring/trail centres/natural riding on bridleways in north west yorks lakes?
    I had the racing ralphs and thought they were dire, fast no grip have they improved?

Do Schwalbe tyres come up big like maxxis advantage?

Or

what do you recommend?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Alberts are a good mid-size trail tyre. Not brilliant in wet stuff though, better on harder, drier stuff. Fat Alberts are bigger and tougher but you sacrifice some outright speed (up) for the extra grip (down).

vondally
    Free Member

thanks anyone use the others?

Paulio
    Free Member

I found 2.25 Nobby Nics to be pretty good – very grippy and they rolled quite well. It’s the only tyre I’ve ever had to bin due to damage though.

partyboy
    Free Member

If you are riding rocks make sure and get the Snakeskin version or they wont last long!

Scamper
    Free Member

I use Nobby Nic’s Snakeskin in the summer – 2.25 F, 2.1 Back. Don’t really find they roll any worse than Ralphs and provide excellent grip in the dry and when they do let go, its pretty progressive. There again, when I put put a Ralph on the back, I don’t think i’m short changed for grip either. Not great in the wet, though.

vondally
    Free Member

thanks but do the tyres come up large? Any good combos for front and rear?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run a 2.35 FA front and 2.25 UST FA rear. Good for burly trails. No XC setup but grip and toughness is my goal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Them there Schwalbe tyres…which one for…’ is closed to new replies.