Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Them there little pocket HD camcorders…
  • tree-magnet
    Free Member

Like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Pocket-Video-Camera-Blue/dp/tech-data/B001OC5L1Q/ref=de_a_smtd

Do any of them come with an AV in? They look like a great idea for mtbing if you could put a helmet cam into them as well, but I haven't seen one with an av in yet. Anyone else?

If not, what's the smallest, but reasonable quality, camcorder? I know you can get small DVR's, but I like to take static shots as well, so having it all in one would save lugging two things about.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

bumpity bump.

peachos
    Free Member

i bought a bullet camera recently and wanted a HD camera to attach it to, but from my research into available devices the manufacturers seem to have removed the AV input function since the demise of the Mini DV format…all new style cameras which record onto a hard disk or memory card do not have AV inputs.

so probably need to get a Mini DV camcorder. if you have a good quality lens the picture quality will be pretty good.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Ok, thanks for that mate. Seems a bit gash but there you go.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

get a muvi micro, great footage, very small and cheap for what you get, have a look on google videos for footage. I think its 720p, some great clips on-line with them on the front of motorbikes, sky divers etc

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/11191418/Veho-Muvi-Micro-DV-Camcorder/Product.html?&_$ja=tsid:11518%7Ccc:%7Cprd:11191418%7Ccat:Video+Cameras

Really good price also around £50, get the extreme sports pack so it can be mounted anywhere!

F-StopJunkie
    Free Member

You'll struggle to find cheap video cameras with AV in. There was a spate of cameras that came into UK/EU (can't remember which) with such ports knobbled in firmware. The reason? If the camera can record from an input then it's considered to be a video recorder with a lens as opposed to a video camera, and hence attracts a higher rate of tax.

On the very cheapest cameras, it's also another function to include and pay for, so Flips and the like won't have it.

Lummox

I think archos make a 'tablet' style device which takes av in, they Market a matching helmet cam too though I'm not sure if the quality is HD though.

atlaz
    Free Member

SpankMonkey – Or you could buy the 10-quid knockoff on Ebay

Northwind

Check out digital media players like Archos, JXD etc. I used to use a JXD PMP for my bullet camera.

That said, seperate bullet camera and recorder systems are pish for mountain biking, too many power sources and far too many cables. Self contained is worth a loss of quality.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Them there little pocket HD camcorders…’ is closed to new replies.