Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Them cheapo Schwalbes at On-One…
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

After some new tyres. Currently run a High Roller/Crossmark combo which are a bit tired so they’ve been relegated to the hardtail. Is there a decent equivalent anyone would reccommend from On-One at the moment? The Nobby Nics sound good allrounders but having read reviews, they don’t seem to like rocks. Is that just MTBR review bull or true since all my riding is Calderdale/Peaks/trail centres, I need something rock friendly.

Alternatives for Highroller/Crossmark or Highroller/Highroller setups greatly appreciated!

Dave

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I run Nobby Nics and have not yet had a puncture (even on rocks!) in a dizen rides or so. I found them a great alternative to the High Roller (what I was running before).

oldnpastit

Took a 26″ NN, snakeskin at the front, regular at the rear, to the Sierra Nevada. Didn’t have any problems.

Apart from finding that England is terribly terribly flat on my return.

Moonhead
    Free Member

I think they are good, but only been running a week. Bought the 2.25 version for the front, I think it was only about £20. So far so good, I ride in the same areas as you.

When fitting (tubes, soon to go tubeless) I thought the sidewall felt quite thin. In comparison to the snakeskin Ralph I have on the rear. I think only time will tell.

Everything else aside I like them, grippy, pretty fast rolling and quite light. for £20 they are worth a punt.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

oldnpastit – Member

Took a 26″ NN, snakeskin at the front, regular at the rear, to the Sierra Nevada. Didn’t have any problems.

Is that Sierra Nevada, Spain or Sierra Nevada, California?

Interested to know as I was in Sierra Nevada, California last year and was running Maxxis Minions and was wondering whether the NNN’s will be good enough for this years trip??

footflaps

I’m a big Schwalbe fan, but my NN’s didn’t last 5 mins in Sierra Nevada (Spain) – side walls got multiple slashes. Now use High Rollers for rocky trails and Schwalbe for XC.

oldnpastit

Sierra Nevada in Spain. I can’t explain why footflaps had grief and I didn’t though. It seemed pretty rocky at the time…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers all, ordered a pair of NNs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Them cheapo Schwalbes at On-One…’ is closed to new replies.