Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Them adapter things that go round a brake hose to make it fit the stops
  • MadPierre

You know what I mean? Those little bit sof split plastic that go round a brake hose then push into the stop in the frame to hold it in place?

Know where I can get some or what they are called so I can google?

nbt
    Mister-P
    Free Member

I know what you mean but I can never find them so I use zip ties.

MadPierre

No not them. I know they are ferrules.

What I mean is a plastic sleeve that goes round a (hydraulic) brake hose to make it a bit fatter so that it fits in the stop (usually the stops next to the gear cable ones on the top tube) on a frame.

They usually have a split down one side so you can get them round the hose and a small lip at one end to stop them sliding all the way through the stop.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Ah, not what I was thinking of then, I was thinking of these –

I used to have to run the ones you are talking about on my old Cannondale and I got some spares from Phil Corley in Milton Keynes.

MadPierre

I had 'em on a Cannondale too and I need a couple for my nephews Kona….

I could bodge with insulation tape or just cable tie them but I reckon they must be available and surely only pence?

uplink
    Free Member

Jagwire do them

I did buy some but I can't remember where from

http://www.jagwireusa.com/index.php/products/mountain/484

StirlingCrispin

Do you mean these?

MPart: Top Tube Cable Guide Set

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/MPart_Top_Tube_Cable_Guide_Set/5300005193/

carlphillips
    Free Member

MP if you find any let us know as i reckon i'm going to need some on my frame i just bought

uplink
    Free Member

He means these I think

MadPierre

Uplink is right.

Google / eBay is not helping me find any to buy though…..

MadPierre

Jagwire part number: DCA072

I only need a couple of the bl**dy things.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

WooHoo. I have a couple of those sat on the desk in front of me, looking for a good home.

Must be worth more than what RBS is worth!!! Who wants them. First come, first serve. Mail me.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Nobody want them? Oh well, back in the parts box!

t-p26
    Free Member

Me!YGM!

Kahurangi

Instead as per someone's suggestion ages ago
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-do-you-secure-the-gear-cable-in-the-guide-hoops
    I used some carefully squirted silicone seal into the guides, poked a small hole in it, let it set and then routed the cable through the (tight fit) hole. Works well to stop slap/rattle but it does slip through.

peteimpreza

Noahs Ark have the 'dale ones in the workshop which they will sell. Not online though. Give them a call.

carlphillips
    Free Member

found some!!!!

here

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Them adapter things that go round a brake hose to make it fit the stops’ is closed to new replies.