Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • The worst fat bike write-up ever……..someone has got their blinkers on.
  • ds1
    Free Member

the words “fat” and “bike” should never even be used in the same sentence

Either he’s not including the rider, or he’s never been to Peaslake.

alex222
    Free Member

Full on Downhill bikes seem pretty popular, and not that many of us live close to Full on Downhill courses

Surely if you were going to drive 140 mile round trip to the beach you would take a surf board, windsurf board or kite surfing stuff?

stumpy01

Beach = bucket & spade.

soobalias
    Free Member

call be behind the times but im more likely to consider a 29r than a FatBike.

now a Fat650B….
    i guess that has to be a fortieth birthday pressie, along with a rear mounted rack for my range rover.

muddyground
    Free Member

That Koga looks interesting. Go any time of the year to a beach from Belgium upwards and on Sat / Sun mornings there are loads of riders on cross bikes up and down the beaches. Really serious sport. Never seen a fat bike though.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Fat bikes are rubbish…no use on ST or any other varied terrain. No Fun…Best stay clear and stick with what you know.

epicyclo

Kbrembo
    Fat bikes are rubbish…no use on ST or any other varied terrain…

+1

Don’t buy one, they’re impossible to get in this year’s uber-fashionista colours, and they won’t be trendy until 2015…

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I missed the bit where the journo said he’s actually tried one?

drofluf
    Free Member

I missed the bit where the journo said he’s actually tried one?

Don’t you think the ‘review’ would have been more favourable had he realised how much fun they are!

duirdh
    Free Member

There fun, it’s that simple there just fun,
    Where? There on the stair? With **** clogs on?

Please don’t fall into the overused trap of running around telling everyone what’s fun to you is fun for everyone. It’s simply not true. There’s no denying it’s a nice day out for some but to have proper fun on flat sand you need more than hip flask fuelled leg power turning your wheels.

singlespeedstu

Don’t like fatbikes?

Simple solution, don’t buy a fatbike.

postierich
    Free Member

Don’t like fatbikes?

Simple solution, don’t buy a fatbike

Dont worry I,m saving up for a 650b and I look ridiculous riding a normal bike never mind one of those monstositys.

PS Not seen a phatbike in the Lakes yet 😕

singlespeedstu

You’re right Rich those 27.5 bikes do look a bit daft. 😉

b45her
    Free Member

nice to see the STW fashion cyclists getting upset with a real mountainbiking website like pinkbike 😀

Chainline
    Free Member

Hey KBrembo, they said that about my long travel 29er and you seemed to have a ball on it 😉

My Fatbike is draggy at low tyre pressures but grips the trail like sh*t to a blanket. Its making me very fit. I smile alot when I ride it.

BadlyWiredDog

So how many of the haterz have actually tried one and how many are thinking “that’s different, I’m not sure, best I just push out some tired cliche about how many days snow we get or how far we all live from a beach”.

I put them in a similar class to Honda Goldwings – I used to be a motorcycle journo and every so often we’d get a GoldWing in for review and you know what, it was brilliant – for a week. Honestly, an absolute hoot, because it was completely different from all the jizzed-up race replicas and the giraffe-like trail bikes and the comedy Japanese customs.

And I really think every motorcyclist should have the chance to ride a GoldWing for a day or two. Load up the fat luggage with fluffy dressing gowns and roll around with the stereo blaring out.

But own one? No thanks. And I kind of feel the same way about fat bikes. I can see the appeal, but I can’t personally see the ownership of one ever being part of my life. But if they make people happy, who cares?

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Hey KBrembo, they said that about my long travel 29er and you seemed to have a ball on it

My Fatbike is draggy at low tyre pressures but grips the trail like sh*t to a blanket. Its making me very fit. I smile alot when I ride it.

Yeah I was joking…..I got a pug and just love it!
    Such a capable all-round bike and it always makes me smile.
    Couple of weeks ago we did the Aviemore stuff that we took you on and the Fat Bike was just awesome.
    Ain’t put it down since I got it! the Nicolai is having a long winter rest!
    Just done the puffer on it and it was perfect for the conditions/terrain

Your LT Nic is very special though 🙂

D0NK

Full on Downhill bikes seem pretty popular, and not that many of us live close to Full on Downhill courses

don’t own one of those either, for pretty much the same reasons 🙂

YoKaiser
    Free Member

What does USP mean?

charliedontsurf

Usp is unique selling point.

charliedontsurf

This guy lives in snow covered mountains, possibly a ski resort… I can see his point… In that environment. But I would still take a pugsley on the ski lift once in a while. Elsewhere it allows you to ride in places no one else can. So if you strava studland beach, you will see I am king of the mountains.

I live by the sea and use mine to race my dog through sand dune and marsh singletrack. But it also gets raced. Me and flashes were in a fat team at Bristol oktoberfest and we finished around 12th place out of 36 teams ish…. I passed loads of people in the singletrack, many of them passed me back on the climbs. Illustrating the bikes strengths and weaknesses.

The surly krampus is interesting.. Only days away now.

This is me in front of the “roadies” of this situation. Second lap, and we are genuinely in front of leg shavers on plastic bikes, With gears.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I was curious about them so tried one on Thursday around cannock. Not my thing, pretty boring and I felt like an idiot. Maybe when I’m old, a middle class bore or more bearded i’ll feel more at home on one.

cookeaa

Fat bikes are not really my bag for many of the reasons already stated, but then they do appeal to others and I have no problem with that.

Like someone else already pointed out DH bikes are of limited use by design but plenty of us own them (me included) so who are we to judge…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Look what I found on the Rapha Blog..

[/url] image by artaylor910, on Flickr[/img]

carloz
    Free Member

If the weather continues being this wet they might just become the bike of necessity in the uk.

chainslapp
    Free Member

Don’t like fatbikes?

Simple solution, don’t buy a fatbike.

Exactly. It seems people have targeted fat bikes as well as 29ers to question the reasons why people buy them. Does it really matter?? If people are having fun and putting their hard earned cash into the cycle Industry, it all keeps the world revolving. So move on and go and do what you enjoy and leave everyone else to do the same.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I posted that cos of all the ones I’ve seen, I really rather like the look of that ^^

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘The worst fat bike write-up ever……..someone has got their blinkers on.’ is closed to new replies.