Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The wind today.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Stronger in Edinburgh than it was last week during Hurricane Bawbag.

gonefishin
    Free Member

In that case Edinburgh must have escaped the worst of it last week. It’s barely blowing in Aberdeen compared to last Thursday.

imnotverygood

Stronger in Edinburgh than it was last week during Hurricane Bawbag.

No it isn’t.

druidh
    Free Member

sbz – Mrs Druidh and I were just saying much the same thing.

Stoner
    Free Member
    imnotverygood

My statement is based on the readings of an anemometer.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Very strong in Glasgow too, not quite as bad as last week but pretty close.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nowhere near as strong here

stanfree
    Free Member

TJ +1

Nowhwere near as stong here in East Lothian , Gusty but not as bad as last week.

swavis

Seems stronger here on Speyside too. I actually made the same comment to a colleague about an hour ago 😕

votchy
    Free Member

10.1m/s or 22.594mph for those that still work in old money here in flat warwickshire between stratford and warwick

cupra
    Free Member

Less windy with us according to our local weather station
    http://www.scottishweather.net/

Northwind

Definately not as strong here in Currie (the house isn’t shoogling around)

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Very windy here in fife. As windy as bawbag, maybe more so. Haven’t looked at any wind speed readings, but I felt like I was getting pushed around more on the bike today.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Not as strong in the west, just in from quick spin – bit of a bastard of a headwind on the way out but a glorious tailwind on the way back (6 miles out – average 13.7mph, 6 miles back 28.4!)…last week although i had the day off i didnt bother taking the bike out at all, just felt far too windy to be safe.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just come back from a ride in the northern part of the New Forest and I can tell you it was mighty windy when going head on into it, knocked 5k’s off my speed..

And it was fresh too..

Glad I took soup and a few rolls for post ride “sit in van warming up” syndrome.

richmtb

Not as bad as last week in Glasgow but still a bit “blowy”

Apparently we are due “Thundersnow” tomorrow, which sounds like a right laugh

mustard
    Free Member

Thundersnow

80s Scandinavian rock band?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Just done 40 very windy, very painful miles on the road. Not as windy down here as it is oop north but still enough to bring you to a grinding halt downhill. 😯 🙁

seosamh77
    Free Member

not far off it here in glasgow. looking forward to the cycle home in 45 minutes, should be fun! 🙂 fresh i think is how I’d describe it!

5lab

it was rather windy last night in brighton (I think 100mph gusts). It dismayed me to discover that this destroyed the ‘occupy brighton’ camp.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9416045.Occupy_Brighton_camp_wiped_out_by_gales/?ref=mr

Northwind

richmtb – Member

Apparently we are due “Thundersnow” tomorrow

The drummer from Samson?

youngrob

It’s about the same in Peebles.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

our broadband works slower when its windy…why is that?

seosamh77
    Free Member

took me about 15 minutes longer there, straight into it, pavments 75% of the way! good fun, wouldn’t like to do it for more than 3.5 miles though! that would be grim!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘The wind today.’ is closed to new replies.