Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The wind is back with a vengence.
  • highclimber
    Free Member

Just had the roof ladder blow clean off the roof, lights flickering, TV signal intermittent and wood store blown over (it wasn’t full,mind you). I had to drag the mrs in after she wanted to push it back over with trees swaying to and fro. Crazy woman!
    The dog can crap in the house for I care – he’s not going out in that!

There’s not many things that scare me but storm-force winds and trees do!

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Just picked up here in blackpool along with hail that sounds like pebbles smashing against the house!!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Deepest Derbyshire and just said to the fil was that your garage door opening? It would appear not, just a sudden surge of wind from no where that is now thrashing the side of the house 😯

wiggles
    Free Member

Howling around the place here is south east Wales. Neighbour’s Meter cupboard door banging against the side of their house is doing my head in.

somafunk

I think i’m in the direct line of fire at the moment – Coastal town in S-W Scotland, my wi-fi weather station thingy/anemometer on the chimney breast has just recorded a gust of 69mph, i hope that’s not an accurate reading as it forecasted to get worse during the night.

A complete arse as 12hrs ago there was not a cloud in the sky nor a breath of wind so i managed to pop out for nice wee boxing day 2 hr pootle on the bike, i doubt i’ll be doing that t’morn.

postierich
    Free Member

Pretty lively in Kendal glad I rode today! Hi Kenny 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Very windy in North West Leicestershire at the moment,

Excellent to watch hot fuzz and drink whisky to 😀

scandal42
    Free Member

Letterbox just scared the shit out of me.

chiefP
    Free Member

Could live in West Wales where they have recorded a gust of 109mph at Midnight, and it’s suppose to peak tomorrow 😯

I’m 20miles from Capel Curig and it’s hit 94mph there, kind of explains why my bins have done a runner!

somafunk

Hey rich……T’was a cracking day earlier eh? – i bet your pootle today after the worry n’ stress of the past few months was pretty **** special – up here the sun was out, not a breath of wind and it felt good to stretch the legs…..guess i’ll be back to supping malt whisky wi a good book in front of the stove t’morn if this wind keeps up…no great hardship there then eh? 😉 . Hope Sascha n’ Imogen are keeping you on yer toes and i expect this xmas has turned out to be rather special for you’s all – keep it up 😀

CountZero

Nothing like as windy here in N.Wilts, but it’s still making a lot of noise around the chimney vent, rain’s rattling on the windows, and I’ll bet it’s going to get worse as the night goes on.
    Stay safe, folks.

breadcrumb

Woken up by the wind several times through night, that and rattly tiles on the roof.

Moved the cars down the drive way in case we lose any tiles.

I hate strong wind. It’s nuts that less than 24 hrs ago I rode the Borrowdale Bash!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Anyone else out riding today?

aa
    Free Member

I was going to ride to work but I’m going to drive, 50mph winds forcast here in nw leics.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anyone else out riding today?

Yip, heading up to Stirling to ride N3, weather is pretty grim, but the puffer doesn’t care for the previous months weather, and I need to get more miles in!.

Tiger6791

On the coast on a hill facing the sea in mid West Wales and it’s

Arrrhhhggggggggggggggggggggggggg

(Quite windy)

wordnumb
    Free Member

I thought this thread was going to be about sprouts.

* wanders off parping *

onehundredthidiot

Bloody windy in the borders. House on a hill not helping. Too risky to ride. Will check for slates, gather the debris then do an hour or so on the rollers.

Sue_W
    Free Member

On the north Wales coast, and its pretty bad here!

Loads of noise all night. Tree down across road and next doors fence has gone. Looks as though we’re going to be getting a battering for most of the day.

Waves to fellow STW’ers in North Wales – stay safe folks!

Crag
    Free Member

I’m in the Isle of Man at the minute. Theres a **** great tree thats come over in the wind blocking the road that the MiL lives on which has luckily missed surrounding houses and cars.
    We managed to go the long way round and drive 45 minutes to the airport to catch our flight back at 9am only to be told that it had been re-scheduled for 7pm as the inbound couldn’t land. Flying with Easyjet so could still be here into next week. So yeah, its a bit windy here.

trail_rat
    Free Member

So windy here it transpires that the wind has blown the rain into the windows so hard the seals couldnt cope….. Puddles on windowcills on the front windows.

imnotverygood

Great link to that live map CaptJon . Thanks

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Well got back from an xmas visit to the relatives to find one fence panel down and the cups have come off my anemometer after a gust of 98mph!

fastindian
    Free Member

north wales here, winds been howling since 9 last night. Its just blown the gas Barbie complete with full gaz bottle over 😯

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Cool wind map.
    Sitting in the office (Hope Valley) and the the wind is intermittent, light then nutter barsteward strong.
    Lots of standing water on the lanes on the way in and bit of tree scattered about.
    About to trek over t’moors to Rotherham to retrieve my lads, that could be a hoot! 😯

boxelder

Just been out to dismantle the elderly neighbours plastic shed, which is now in other elderly neighbours garden, having taken a wall with it. The thing exploded as I started unscrewing bits. Lashed remains to a fencepost. Bottle of beer for my troubles. Stocked up on some firewood too from the local roads. Giving riding a miss……

highclimber
    Free Member

I’ve got a scots pine tree with a dangerous branch hanging above the driveway to our neighbour’s. Its gonna have to wait til the wind dies before I get to make it safe.

racefaceec90

The wind is back with a vengence

(titters behind hand 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0[/video] 😳

Waderider
    Free Member

More winter weather in winter. Who’d have thought it would come to this?

Tiger6791

On the beach

Windy Wales by fantasticmrmatt, on Flickr

piemonster

The A66 was good today.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘The wind is back with a vengence.’ is closed to new replies.