Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • The wife made what I thought was an absurd comment this morning
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Two things that I have been known to do.

1) We fitted a hot water tap in my parents garage specifically to connect to the hose, there was no sink. This was great for washing the cars, bikes and clothing that you are still wearing.

2) Now I have my own house I havn’t got round to sorting a hot water hose so I have been known to take off my socks and go upstairs and get in the shower fully clothed.

This obviously makes getting the clothes off harder but it keeps the washing machine alive longer. And it warms you up slower so you don’t get that freezing limbs and hot water pain where you think you might actually shatter.

rootes1

I always rinse the worst off before putting in the machine

cookeaa

What’s the actual problem with rinsing the worst of the mud off?
    It’s not like your clothes won’t get wet when you put them in the machine…

I’ve put muddy stuff straight in with normal washing only once before and managed to “pollute” the whole wash to the point that it needed a second full wash. I won’t be doing that again…

So I just rinse my kit off first to keep ‘er indoors’ happy and ensure I only need to wash it the once…

If it’s raining when I get back form a ride, sometimes I peg stuff out on the line for a few hours so that nature can help, saves me standing out in the damp with a hose…

zangolin
    Free Member

Napisan.
    Repeating what others have said.
    Big mud – pressure wash outside then Napisan in with the powder at 30 degrees.

andyl
    Free Member

I normally hose myself off when cleaning the bike. Saves me dropping mud through the house and me putting lots of mud in the machine. Or as above I leave stuff out in the rain for a bit while I get a nice warm shower.

Del

i’d suggest using a mud guard. only things that get really bad then are boots and lower legs, which can be brushed off outside pretty easily.
    now, i’m sure baby vomit and shit is all made of flowers and kittens, but FFS, someone get some perspective, and a wash cycle that runs at 40 degrees so everyone’s bugs get killed off. 😉

uwe-r
    Free Member

After Sundays ride I put my socks straight in the bin.

smiff
    Free Member

haven’t read whole thread, but it’s good for babies to eat some mud and shit. helps their immune systems/allergies? apparently (er maybe not cat & dog shit, that stuff can carry nasties. but if you have pets that’s more likely in your house already than on your rides). if it’s to save your washing machine, which will be getting used constantly, or stop baby shit getting on your clothes, that makes more sense.

tl:dr women, make no sense!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

She’s not wrong. Take your filthy clothes in the shower with you to rinse before putting them in the machine.

patriotpro
    Free Member

amedias – Member
    I could understand not wanting them washed at the same TIME as the baby clothes, as really mucky riding stuff often needs a couple of goes to get all the grot out, but not even being washed in the same machine? that’s a bit mental if you ask me…

Chuckled at this one and couldn’t agree more so this.

What did you say to her btw ❓

whattyre
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w[/video]good time for this i think

avdave2

Generally I let the mud dry then brush it off and wear ’em again

Works for me too.

thered

Mrs TR here….my husband appears to have taken a very trivial comment I made earlier a bit too far!!!! All I asked was if we could hose him down in the garden before putting his ridiculously muddy and smelly clothes in our brand new washing machine…he forgets I have spent years cleaning the crap from the drum when he can’t be arsed to get the mud off. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

smiff
    Free Member

haha.. this thread just got epic.
    he needs hosing down… for “airing his dirty laundry” in public? i’ll see myself out.

whattyre
    Free Member

uh oh….hes for it…everyone,run!

andrewy

My wife always insists on hosing down any particularly muddy clothing, just so long as I’m still wearing it!

Northwind

Well that escalated quickly!

Our plumbing is crap and our machine is old, so I hose down particularly dirty kit outside because it means I spend less time cleaning out pipes, and because it means I spend less time picking pine needles out of my socks. Not sure if it’s worth doing if you have proper plumbing and a good machine.

Sui
    Free Member

LOL at Traildog – so true, so true..

Me, i hose myself down before entering the house, kit off at the door, wring it out, shove it in machine with other dark stuff (not babies!) 🙄

st

Mikey, rinse the worst of the cack off outside to protect the washer, bike stuff as a separate load and run the machine on a quick rinse if the drum is messy after the wash. All standard stuff, nipper or not.

If you’re using reusable nappies then the same principles apply ;o)

br
    Free Member

Is this your first baby?
    If so, don’t worry, by the time the second one comes along everyone’s more relaxed and your Wife will probably let you use it as a mudguard.

And the third was even easier…

Dirty clothes in washing machine, and they come out clean.

If she has a problem, just buy a second washing machine.

thered

Oops, looks like I’m buying flowers and making dinner.

nick1962
    Free Member

Mum makes me rinse off the really muddy stuff usually before slinging them in the washer. yes you read that right. Mum washes them for me.

Ah bless,but mum does know best!
    Look at the gunge that collects in the seal around the door when you next wash your bike stuff. Always rinse very muddy kit first in a bucket then wash on it’s own in the machine.I’ve eve started washing my inner shorts and base layers seperate from my muddy outside clothes /pads.Don’t fancy the idea of sand and grit getting next to my skin. I clean round the washing machine seals with a rag too,and set the washer on a wash so it rinses any detritus out afterwards.

stavromuller
    Free Member

If it’s good enough for these guys MTFU

walleater

st – Member
    Mikey, rinse the worst of the c0ck off outside

Whaaaaat?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Muddy rides tend to be cold rides up here, so I tend to just get in the shower with the muddy kit on. Wash the mud off then take the kit off in the shower.

Kryton57

Hose off worst outside, into machine on “Aquaplus” setting to rinse it through.

TBH once the baby’s shat over the top of his/her nappy the white vests etc go straight in the bin, there’s no getting those kinda stains out…

And I agree with exposure, get jnr expose to all kinds so their immune system build up pdq, best advice I ever had an stops a sickly child in later life…. (although rolling them in cow poo is a bit extreme).

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve learnt to wear a base layer for keeping me warm and an outer layer for catching the mud. In all weathers. Then I can take the muddy layer off at the front door and hose it down rather than traipsing it through the house into the machine.

The neighbours used to object if I only wore one layer that got muddy and then had to take it off at the front door…… 😳

MarkN
    Free Member

Mrs TR here….my husband appears to have taken a very trivial comment I made earlier a bit too far!!!!

A husband should never consider anything said by the wife as “very trivial” IME. Mind you I get the feeling damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Exhibit A: You buy her flowers and the response is “what are you after” or you don’t buy flowers and you get it in the neck for not getting flowers. 😡

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘The wife made what I thought was an absurd comment this morning’ is closed to new replies.