Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • the wierdest thing today…be careful what you wish for!
  • tang
    Free Member

My trusty old Mountain equipment shell has finally given up working, so ive spent the last week or two trawling around for deals on a new shell jacket. things are expensive and ebay deals are a thing of the past. ive a few patagonia bits and bobs that i really like and have been looking at their jackets esp the primo, bit too much tho. today i was in tetbury, gloucestershire and walked into a charity shop(havent done that for a while) and there on the rack is a new patagonia primo jacket in red, in my size! £8! WTF…this is the second time this has happened, last year i was after a soft shell jacket and liked the arcteryx ones, but way too pricey. a while later i pop into a charity shop and there is a new gamma soft shell in my size!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Lucky boy..did you give them a bit extra so you both had a good day?

tang
    Free Member

no, but i tithe a percentage of my meager earnings every month to two charities. and im a working voluntary trustee for another charity.

Bunnyhop

Nice story.

toby1

Sounds like a karma payback for all your hard work 🙂

duntmatter
    Free Member

I'm going to Tetbury!

Suggsey
    Free Member

No point they are sold out of decent jackets!

epicyclo

Your name isn't Earl by any chance?

ex-pat
    Free Member

Meanwhile in a house in Tetbury…

"love, have you seen my mountain bike jacket, I left it dirty lying on the bottom step of the stairs…"

Spongebob
    Free Member

Lucky George says: "ello, wos this then?" 😆

(you have to be old and have watched Alas Smith and Jones to know what i'm talking about)

CountZero

I'm gonna start visiting charity shops now…
    Congrats, that was really lucky.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There was a note on a charity shop (BHF I think) door in Chelmsford a couple of weeks back, which said…

"Would the couple who bought the diamond ring from our jewellery shelf on Saturday please contact the manager URGENTLY"

I suspect someone got a stonking bargain there!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘the wierdest thing today…be careful what you wish for!’ is closed to new replies.