Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whinlatter promise
  • fergal
    Free Member

promised the family I would go there, it just seems like such a waste being surrounded by so many great trails, but needs must, some words of encouragement please.

PS. I will hopefully be taking my thirteen year old around the Borrowdale bash the following day, as recompense, hopefully not a little more than he can chew.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bend over and take one for the team fella, think of the karma points :mrgreen:

olly2097
    Free Member

I took me missus on the blue when we went up to stay with family. Rented her a bike. £25. She went round the first corner then decided she had had enough. That was my experience of Whinlatter.

shifter
    Free Member

You promised, so you should go. And enjoy it.

breadcrumb

Whinlatter is my nearest trail centre, I think it’s good. You’ll have a good ride, it’s very slippy when damp though, not so bad when soaked.

rubymurry
    Free Member

I ride Whinlatter and borrowdale bash quite a bit and I think I prefer whinlatter, the bash just seems a lot of road riding and honister is just a slog up. Mbr had a extended route the other month which I would like to try goes up honister then down into buttermere I think. Enjoy!!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

been with the family and the blue is quite good fun
    Nice play park for the young uns

The car park on the left before you reach the centre [ coming up from braithwaite] is free and the blue passes through it – forget the name of it though

martinhutch

Maismill car park, I believe.

You’ll have fun, even on the blue.

Won’t take long to blast around the reds either while they’re having a cafe stop.

Olly – that was my experience with my then 7-year-old, the only difference is that I’d bought him the bike.

laserstoat
    Free Member

Whinlatter is a beautiful place, fantastic forest and scenery. I rid the red routes there a couple of weeks ago for the first time, managed to squeeze in a run going to a work appointment in Cumbria. I wasn’t expecting much given some of the negative reviews I’d read but I enjoyed them, not overly technical, it’s good riding a trail for the first time not knowing what’s coming up and testing your skills.

The guy in the shop implored me to ride the blue, which I did at the end – it was total pants, I just don’t get it.

d45yth
    Free Member

rubymurry – that’s some statement! Maybe the fact you mention MBR says something? 😀
    Seriously though, if you think there’s too much road you’ve missed an offroad climb/descent, another decent techy bit along the river, plus you can go through the double gate at the bottom of Honister to save on the tarmac climb.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter promise’ is closed to new replies.