Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The Wee Man @ Swinley (Smug dad content)
  • hatter

Apologies in advance for smugness.

So, took Hatter Jnr (3 and a quarter)to a gloriously sunny Swinley today, the phrase ‘duck to water’ doesn’t even come close, been home for 5 hours and I’m still grinning.

I’m sure now I’ve posted this he’s be up all night or spend tomorrow torturing his sister but right now, parenthood feels pretty damn good.

Usual STW griping and bickering will be resumed shortly.

transporter13
    Free Member

You can never go wrong with a kid on a bike pic.
    Looks like he is enjoying himself

1-shed
    Free Member

And he’s winning. Come on Dad keep up.

DT78
    Free Member

He is wearing a team jersey await the flaming!

Cant wait for my boy to get out on the bike

garage-dweller

Awesome. 😀

hatter

Cant wait for my boy to get out on the bike

Yeh it’s hard, I was the classic ‘keen’ dad, buying him bikes 6 months before he could even get onto them etc etc.

Trying really hard not to be a pushy parent but to be honest I don’t have to he’s loving it, had a nightmare getting him to sleep tonight as he just wanted to babble on to me about when we were going to go again.

Happy days.

As regards the ‘team jersey’, not a lot of options for jerseys to fit an (at the time) 2 year old, saw that in a shop and just had to get it.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

He is wearing a team jersey await the flaming

He’s not an overweight roadie so it’s fine!

Can see why you’re still grinning, that’s a brilliant picture. I’m hoping my 5 month old daughter will like riding a bike so it’ll give me an excuse to get out more often 😆

Kunstler

Cool photo. He’s got his race face on.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Awesome stuff chum…..congrats

DT78
    Free Member

What’s the bike btw? My boy is 2 months so a little while yet

kristoff
    Free Member

Awesome picture! 😀

hatter

What’s the bike btw?

It’s a 12″ wheel Supurb from Germany,in the run up to his 3rd birthday he was itching to get pedalling and Islabikes don’t start til 14″ so I bit the bullet and went for it.

Been delighted with it, it’s hugely OTT (BMX racing cassette hub, on a 12″ kids bike!) but ace and his sister wil get to use it when he moves up to a 16″ so that helps offset the initial investment.

Tempted to stay with Supurb for his next one, they’re great and a bit more ‘MTB’ than Isla and Frog, if a touch heavier.

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks will look them up, picture made me grin again this morning my boy was kicking his legs on the changing table…not long now 🙂

peabrain
    Free Member

Love it, great photo 😀

The Supurb compares very favourably to the Hotrock 12 which is the smallest bike I could find for my son’s 2nd birthday. I wish I had know about it 2 and a half years ago – was it even around then?

I would prefer it with a front brake, but even though the Hotrock has a front brake it is a sidepull brake and is useless.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The Wee Man @ Swinley (Smug dad content)’ is closed to new replies.