Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The Utility Warehouse
  • z1ppy

Anyone become a member?
    Looking at their monthly mobile sim card contracts, but am willing to hear anyone experience of dealing with them, even if it’s for your gas…

z1ppy

No-one used em?
    Bugger, all the internet reviews are either complete ‘hate’ or evangelistic – nothing inbetween, could have done with some real world reviews.

warton
    Free Member

our house had the eletricity and gas supplied by them when we moved in, Its fair to say they took a disgusting amount of money of us. 400 quid for about 45 days. britash gas now supply it for 120 quid a month.

midlifecrashes

Pyramid selling scheme, avoid.

convert

We signed up to their phone service years ago. There was a monthly “membership fee” at the time that was not mentioned at all in when the guy told us about the costs and made the saving turn into a £10 a month loss. The fee details were mentioned in very small print on the back of a form he very carefully folded over so we missed it.

A couple of years later we moved house locally and he visited us again, not recognising us from the first time. I let him go through the whole talk and calculate how much we would save save and when it came to the signing bit ripped the clipboard out of his hands to turn over the bit of folded paper and “reveal” the last bit of the terms and conditions and the extra fee he had not factored in. Strangely he had no answer for why he had not mentioned it before.

I then popped my coat on and accompanied him down the road on his next few house calls (dotty old ladies even more gulible than me) to make sure my neighborours got to hear the bits he was not planning on sharing with them. He gave up and drove off after a few minutes when he realised quite how tedious I can be when I put my mine to it! But not before he tried to get all physical which was never going to end up well for My Utility Warehouse! So much more satisfying than landing first (and probably unjustified – it’s only money after all) punch.

Check the small print – from my dealings I would not trust them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The Utility Warehouse’ is closed to new replies.