• This topic has 45 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • The ultimate murder weapon
  • twisty

He’s 83 and been banned for 5 years.

So, he’ll get his licence back aged 88 having not driven for five years…

He will need to re-sit and pass a practical driving test before he can reclaim his licence though.

MoreCashThanDash

There should be absolutely NO reason to keep your licence if you get a ban. The whole point of the ban is to punish and inconvenience you enough to make you realise how important/useful your licence is to try and make you change your ways.

Even if bans were shorter – 2 or 4 weeks – and employers couldn’t sack you for a first ban, I believe this, plus more rigourous traffic enforcement, would make a massive difference to how people drive.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Didn’t they change it to an extended test if you’ve been banned for more than 12 months?

I know it is here. Certain offenses and bans over a certain length of time.

redmex
    Free Member

The sad case on the A92 I think is a bit different to some cases, it happened 4.30 am in February, she didn’t flee the scene.
    Just think how she must feel. I know he had a high viz gear but it’s a long straight road. I drive a lot and ride a bike on a road a lot and now expecting pelters for writing this

MoreCashThanDash

I’m not pelting – it is ridiculously easy to kill someone – with a car or in other ways – without intending to.

There should be higher standards and stiffer penalties for all motoring offences. But someone driving like a **** deliberately being reckless is a different kettle of fish to someone who makes a momentary error of judgement – which we all do – and then hits someone. The sentencing and internet pitchforking need to reflect this.

The problem comes when there is little evidence and/or no witnesses. Can I add “black boxes” to my list of driving “wants”?

sbob
    Free Member

Just managed to get my grandmother to hang up her string backs. She made a few inconsequential errors in a short space of time that helped the decision.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘The ultimate murder weapon’ is closed to new replies.