Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The ugly and beautiful on my commute this morning
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Ugly: white van man stuffing his face at a set of lights and then, just as he moved off, opening his window and hurling out an empty McCain’s Micro Chips box onto the road. Micro Chips for breakfast, consumed whilst driving and then littering the road. Putain de merde!

Beautiful: Less than two miles from chip dick, two roe deer fawns standing in the middle of the bridleway. Shiny black eyes fixed on me while the sun reflected off their lustrous brown coats. Then off they went, breaking away into the bracken.

Not a bad spot considering I was between Salford and Bolton on the site of an old dye bleach works.k

redthunder
    Free Member

🙂

fasthaggis

The ugly and beautiful on my commute this morning

The husband and wife duo that I pass most mornings 😉

theteaboy
    Free Member

I had it the other way round on my ride home yesterday:

The sunset over Sharp Haw and Pendle Hill was stunning but the semi-conscious runner I found lying by the side of the road with bleeding hands, knees and face not so much. She had tripped while changing tunes on her iphone.

nbt

wonderful, I’d love to see deer. Spotted a young fallow deer on my commute over summer.

Saw THREE kingfishers on the way to work this morning along the canal – a single at a point where i’ve only ever seen one once before, then a pair chasing each other around in a more usual haunt. Wonderful way to start the day

dannyh
    Free Member

She had tripped while changing tunes on her iphone.

Hope she wasn’t too badly hurt, but some times lessons just have to be learnt the hard way……….

maxray
    Free Member

I wonder of they were juveniles nbt? I imagined kingfishers to be solitary like Robins?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, sure I saw a lot of that too 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

chip dick

DezB
    Free Member

All the cars = ugly. My Tripster = beautiful 😀

geoffj

Hope she wasn’t too badly hurt, but some times lessons just have to be learnt the hard way……….

Bit harsh punishment for not going android.

atlaz
    Free Member

Almost rode into someone like that the other day. Staggering left and right seemingly at random until finally one of my shouts got her attention.

IHN

‘Swindon’ and ‘The Cotswolds’

nbt

missed this. Yes, likely to be juveniles moving out of the nest and trying to find a new territory, especially the pair where one was definitely chasing the other

molgrips
    Free Member

Last night we’d pulled over for me to adjust my saddle, into the cyclepath off a large roundabout, when a white Fiat 500 came tearing around and understeered, smacking into the kerb, breaking the suspension and narrowly missing a lamp post. I was expecting a young lad to get out but it was a bewildered young lady who didn’t know what’d happened.

I know, you were going far too fast and not concentrating.

cokie

Ugly= Humans
    Beautiful= Nature

zinaru
    Free Member

i remember a few years ago on very early morning very rural ride flying past a parked taxi with the driver giving himself an erm ‘massage’. a few minutes later, an owl flew along side me for a few moments about a metre from my head. yin and yang i suppose

irelanst
    Free Member

The good: riding past the 2+ mile queue of cars that sit every morning trying to get past roadworks that are scheduled to be there for another year!

The bad: fixing a puncture just outside a school, and noticing just how many kids were smoking (probably 50:50 fags and weed) on the way in.

jimmy

Good: 3 miles or rural cycle path, passing loads and loads of cars, being quicker than car ir bus to work.

Bad: Stop **** texting behind the wheel!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Ugly= Humans
    Beautiful= Nature

Humans = nature.

And, ironically, beauty is a human thing. So no humans no beauty. That’s yin and yang for you 🙂

MussEd
    Free Member

I saw an adult roe deer by the Esk this morning – it did that almost cliche ‘stop, stare at you for a bit then took off into the undergrowth’ then a bit closer to work I saw a shell of a burnt out car and the scar left by two burnt out cargo bikes from incidents a couple of weeks back.

More traffic on the way home tonight so I’ll keep em peeled for any Chip Dicks.

philjunior
    Free Member

Beauty? Everything this morning.

Ugly? The fact I was riding to work. Oh and the leaky valve that I have on my rear wheel. Had to faff for about 5 minutes to get it to stop leaking and pump it back up. New tube on the way. Still, it was a nice place to be faffing.

darthshearer
    Free Member

Bad: Stop **** texting behind the wheel!!

Durrr their not texting, their posting pictures of cats pulling stupid faces on Twatbook.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The ugly and beautiful on my commute this morning’ is closed to new replies.