Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The TJ's at Rivington Ride
  • dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to all the folk who welcomed a couple of Tykes to the Rivi ride today, we had a fantastic time.

Still unsure of who everyone is exactly on here so wont mention names but cake and tea following the ride was especially appreciated.

Might lower my sights as regards tomorrows ride judging by how tired I feel at present.

Bunnyhop

It was a fantastic ride. Weather was kind, brilliant riding company, trails guide, cakes and we only lost one person (Binners). Even Samuri came over (on his road bike) to say hello.

dangerousbeans – Farmer Johns DH races are at Marple Bridge, Stockport. Sorry don’t know the post code, maybe you could google it.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Thanks Bunnyhop.

Will google it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

perfect STW meets some strangers , go for a ride, have a nice time, eat cake. Afterwards be only half certain who was actually there and half sure who was who. Were you the lad and boy??

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Were you the lad and boy??

Aye, that was us.

highclimber
    Free Member

I was the guy on the P7 and the huge grin on those descents (even after the small spill I took off winter hill)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Sorry I couldn’t make it Mark…

Pretty fed up I missed it 🙁

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Hows the stiff neck, highclimber?

Nick – no worries we’ll come over in the next few weeks, sort it out with Debs on Facebook. Hairyscary was there today too.

highclimber
    Free Member

still stiff! thanks.

binners

’twas truly a perfect day. Would you believe my front tyre went down again. Only the third tube. As it was from TJ I’m presently consulting George Osborne on starting a trade war with Scotland In retaliation

Thanks again folks for a brilliant day. Just how much fun is the Belmont descent?!! 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Even Samuri came over (on his road bike) to say hello.

That was complete chance. I’d forgotten the ride was on to be honest. As I came down the hill past the Black Dog, I saw all the cyclists but it’s steep and braking is an important thing to be on top of thereabouts. I just glanced TJ and Julian and that’s what made me turn round.

Awesome as always to see you two again and obviously meeting TJ, highlimber, dave, Junkyard and the others is cool too. Nice to see you all.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Frustrated to have missed it, busy commuting to Somerset…. still, we’re here for 10 days, brought the bike…. Q’s only 20 min or so drive away… 😉

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Disapointed to miss the ride,mech hangers bent..glad everyone had a good day though

highclimber
    Free Member

I did wonder why there was a ‘roadie’ talking to a bunch of MTB’ers! sorry I didn’t introduce my self but I was enjoying my Crabbie’s Ginger beer!

hairyscary

Thanks to everyone for a good day…..and I can’t believe I have not ridden that last descent before….it was fantastic.
    Matt on the Marin.

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Fantastic ride with good bunch of people. Very greatful for all the cakes afterwards, i needed to fuel up for the 9 mile pootle back to the house. Only slightly suffered in the end 🙂

btw where are all the pics??

nbt
    Jellybaby
    Free Member

oh 😳 thanks nbt, ill have a peek now.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The TJ's at Rivington Ride’ is closed to new replies.