Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The time has come – what's the best Nose/Ear hair trimmer!…
  • the-muffin-man

^ As title!

Thanks

iolo
    Free Member

I have one of those joolsburger links to.
    I don’t find it very good and takes ages. Maybe I have bloody hard nose hairs.
    I bought a £5 battery one from TK Max and find it much better.

globalti
    Free Member

I just pluck the really long nose hairs with tweezers. It makes the eyes water a bit but at least I don’t look like a hairy old man.

Nobby

According to the Italian barber I used to frequent – fire. Light a wax taper and liberally wave it around any unwanted hair 😯

jimmy

A mate recently sent a picture of him trying out a new service offered by a barber in London who claims to be the only one doing so.

Take a cotton bud, dip in wax and cool a few times. Then dip one last time and stick it up your nose with a bit of moshing about. Leave to cool and extract – quickly.

I’ve yet to try it but it seems feasible – just be prepared for watery eyes.

TooTall
    Free Member

nose, ear and eyebrow

I’m on my second one of these. Fantastic bits of kit that do nose, ear and eyebrows – because if they haven’t gone yet, they will do.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I have the same TooTall… I’m on my second as well – and can vouch that Philips’ warranty service is top notch.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Oh, and the hair singeing thing is quite common at Turkish barbers

Cougar

Good set of tweezers for me.

Accept no substitute.

claims to be the only one doing so.

I can’t imagine why.

Cougar

Oh, and the hair singeing thing is quite common at Turkish barbers

Lad I used to know claimed he controlled his by snorting matches. He always seemed reluctant to give us a demonstration though.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Middle finger and thumb of left hand. Grab and pull. Hold aloft for brief inspection.

Drives those around you insane, especially (for some reason) during films or food.

Potdog
    Free Member

+1 for Malvern Rider’s technique. Just avoid doing while driving as it’s often difficult to see through the tears!

reluctantlondoner

<thread hijack> What about beard trimmers for that designer stubble look? Haven’t shaved since before Christmas which has been a joy, but do need to tidy it up a bit… </thread hijack>

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Malvern Riders technique (although right handed) when bored or irritated by ticking hairs but for a trimmer the Groommate that joolsburger linked to is great! No faff, takes a few moments, no batteries to worry about, clean under the tap.

Klunk
    Free Member

tweezers, wincing, watery eyes and sneezing is the only way to go. the thin whispy ones hurt most!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Can someone post the Dave Lister salad tongs pic or gif please, I’m on my phone. Kthanksbai.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Rounded scissors for nose hair, boots cheapo battery trimmer for ear hair. Now also have to trim eyebrows as they get so long they poke me in the eye. MrsH just laughs

wilburt
    Free Member

I burn them off with one of those long lighters, quick pain free and very effective. Growing up (Leeds) the local barbers offered synging using this method and still do using wax in some Med countries.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘The time has come – what's the best Nose/Ear hair trimmer!…’ is closed to new replies.