Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • The things you find out about your riding partners
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Just found out that one of our guys won the Devizes to Westminster outright.
    Another was a pro footballer in Australia under a certain Arsene Wenger.
    And I think one of our newer guys was at West Ham.

RealMan
    Free Member

One of our guys shat his bibs going up a hill.

oldgit
    Free Member

Superbe.

althepal

Niiiiiice! Normal to gutter in one post! A new stw record.
    What is the “devizes” btw!?

oldgit
    Free Member

That canoe race thingy wotsit.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Realman that’s funny as ****.

wallop

“shat his bibs” – brilliant.

oldgit
    Free Member

Did he sit down in the saddle afterwards?

RoterStern
    Free Member

I don’t often ride in groups but sometimes I go on a road ride with one which has two olympic gold medal winning cyclists in it.

oldgit
    Free Member

That’s posh.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I found out that one of our hard as nails old boys in the cycling club is an ex pro cyclist. 62 years old and can still knock out 100 miles.

RealMan
    Free Member

Well he finished the ride, so I assume he did sit down at some point. He didn’t tell anyone about it till a few months after..

Niiiiiice! Normal to gutter in one post! A new stw record.

Happy to have helped 😀

I found out that one of our hard as nails old boys in the cycling club is an ex pro cyclist. 62 years old and can still knock out 100 miles.

I know quite a few 60+ guys who can still do centuries, but were never even close to being pro.

I know a 63/64 year old who just got a stumpy fsr and did a drops and jumps course. He loved it, he was telling me how he went out and sessioned some trails the other day. Totally rad.

hora
    Free Member

I never ask, nor need to know. Its of no interest to me as I like to know the person for them not what they have done (good or bad) or what they do for work (as you’ll always then make salary assumptions). I found that living in London sometimes it was the first question asked.

Sorry to be negative.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

one of my mates can leap 14 double decker buses on a BMX and another can do a 3 mile wheelie!!

Sure this wasnt a game of tall stories??

RealMan
    Free Member

another can do a 3 mile wheelie!!

I heard* that the world record for a wheelie is something like ~15km or something silly, so that’s really not that impressive.

*May not be true.

takisawa2

My mate drove tanks & was once found collapsed in a curry house in Cannock after half a lager shandy & a Korma.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

not exactly a “riding partner”, but i once took a group of mates up to lee quarry and one of them invited one of his old school pals along, who is the economics editor on channel 4 news.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it was me wheeling up L’Alpe-d’Huez But I dont like to talk about it 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

I heard* that the world record for a wheelie is something like ~15km or something silly, so that’s really not that impressive.

Probably done by this guy:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBTAD5K1WBg[/video]

mooman
    Free Member

…..one of my sons ex-girlfriends once told me her father rode bmx and could bunny-hop over a bucket ….. wasnt sure what she expected me to say or do in reply?
    Wasnt sure if it would have beaten her story if i told her my father could pee for over 2mins continuous …

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

One of the guys I ride with is related to a girl who was in a movie with Kevin Bacon.

atlaz
    Free Member

Not riding friends but I used to play baseball with the bloke who created the Comic Sans font. He used to get hate mail.

RealMan
    Free Member

I used to play baseball with the bloke who created the Comic Sans font. He used to get hate mail.

That’s so cool. Vincent Connare?

racefaceec90

had to google comic sans font. people actually sent him hate mail (because of a typeface 😯 stupid question it’s the interweb 🙄

tazzymtb

I used ride with a lass who was a fluffer, also used to ride and climb with a proctologist who had the biggest hands I’ve ever seen, apparently he used to have to say sorry in advance of certain examinations and had made patients cry with his massive fingers 😯

I also recently found out why one of my riding buddies is called “buster” (think viz)

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Why is Comic Sans hated? 😕

racefaceec90

had to google fluffer 😯 well you learn something new every day (have never had a problem with getting it up myself 😉 just getting it back down again is the hard part sometimes (especially when in public 😯 😳 oh gods this is turning into a carry on innuendo posting 😯

scaredypants

proctologist who had the biggest hands I’ve ever seen

should’ve joined customs & excise really

(don’t suppose he gets a lot of private work 😐 )

tazzymtb

proctologist who had the biggest hands I’ve ever seen

I would surmise that it would be like getting fingered by an elephant

oldgit
    Free Member

I was hinting at a sporting theme really.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

A guy I fell in with and rode a fair bit of the course with on a 7 Hills Killer ride on the Isle of Wight a couple of years back was some kind of TOCA touring car champion, according to his mate.

Not being into motorsports at all, his name escapes me now and I’d never heard of him. Not the kind of thing someone would make up.

samuri
    Free Member

Not riding friends but I used to play baseball with the bloke who created the Comic Sans font. He used to get hate mail.

Have you got his email address?

mboy
    Free Member

I know a couple of guys off this very forum with pretty decent sporting backgrounds themselves, won’t name and shame but they know who they are…

Someone else off here I ride with occasionally is the uncle of one of the UK’s most successful up and coming single seat racing drivers, who is going to be racing in GP2 next year!

globalti
    Free Member

My road riding buddy is a gastroenterologist. He spends a lot of time with endoscopes up people’s bums and down their throats and he has certainly told me some interesting stuff. He once found an oil slick up a lady’s bum and when he checked her notes he discovered she was taking that weight loss drug that stops your gut from absorbing fats.

atlaz
    Free Member

That’s so cool. Vincent Connare?

One and the same yes. Really nice bloke and understandably quite annoyed at the number of people that blame him for the morons using a font he designed for kids software back in the 90s.

chakaping
    Free Member

I was hinting at a sporting theme really.

But it’s turned out so much better!

To keep things in the gutter, one of my riding pals manufactures buttplugs and similar adult toys.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hahaha@ jamie that video is cool!

Wonder how many wheelie miles he does each year ❓

PJM1974
    Free Member

An old riding buddy of mine once sharted while in bed with a rather charming lady. Instead of running to the kharzy he tried to play the waiting game before sauntering off to the bathroom to deal with it, so as not to reveal the scale of his underpant befoulment.

After five minutes of awkward cuddles, she turned around to him and asked “Are you going to go and wipe that then?”.

He’s not famous or owt, but the story is far too good for me not to share on here. As you were, STW.

Oh and another riding buddy built a kitchen for John Leslie and Abi Titmuss. IRL she’s apparently lovely, but quite, quite mad.

wingnuts

If you shite in your bibs you’re in good company. Greg Lemond did it during on of his winning Tour rides.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A mate of mine shot an 4 Skyhawk down during the Falklands war.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘The things you find out about your riding partners’ is closed to new replies.