Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • The Sunday F1 thread –May Contain Spoilers–
  • brakes
    Free Member

great race.
    Alonso top of the leaderboard. Can’t be there for long surely.
    Wonder if it will rain in China in a few weeks?

Mr_C
    Free Member

Am I the only one a little suspicious about Perez having a ‘moment’ whilst trying to overtake the lead car of his teams engine supplier shortly after being ‘encouraged’ to not lose his second position.

Maybe “Checo, be careful, we need this position, we need this position” actually translates as “Checo, be careful, we need these engines, we need these engines”.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

The thought had crossed my mind but it was pretty close to a proper off so not so sure.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rossi46
    Free Member

a little suspicious about Perez having a ‘moment’ whilst trying to overtake the lead car

Oh i dunno- second place is like a victory for Sauber and Perez 😀
    Boy done good, shame he didnt go and beat Alonso.
    Bad day for Jensen and Schuie got done over again. Raikkonens looking useful 😉

bigbloke
    Free Member

I am convinced that Perez in effect took a dive after that message from his team, sickens me.

I thought the race was crap really all the teams were in disarray and badly out of position hence Alonso winning.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I don’t think Perez lost it on purpose – the message was too cryptic if it was an instruction to not pass Alonso. I doubt they would have thought they would be in a position to be racing for the lead against a Ferrari this year. I reckon Perez would have raced the wheels off that Sauber right to the line

boltonjon

I reckon Perez will be driving Massa’s Ferrari pretty soon!!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I am convinced that Perez in effect took a dive after that message from his team, sickens me.

Why risk an actual dive though when he could have just backed off?
    I could buy that there might be some pressure for a Sauber not to pass a Ferrari and that’s what the message meant, but I don’t think Perez muffed it up on purpose- too much chance of losing 2nd for no gain.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

i think the call to Perez just affected his concentration, and he missed his braking point later in the lap.

a bit like the example of Senna at Monaco – he was well out ahead, just in the zone and some one spoke on the radio and he crashed out on that lap. I think on the BBC highlights DC mentioned something similar had happened to him one race.

Edukator
    Free Member

Go on then, someone say it, Alonso out drove the privleged few in their shiny machines and nearly got beaten himself by a kid in an even crappier car. I love wet races, car control plays a part in who wins.

hora
    Free Member

Is this a new, more grown up Hamilton?

Instead of binning it he shows a more mature head?

thepurist

Hamilton’s still #2 in the WDC and he knows that on dry pace he’s only got 1 real challenger. Seems that Vettel’s moved on to using a different finger to show his feelings though.

As for Perez to Ferrari, I think Alonso’s got some say in who his #2 driver is and I can’t see him being too chuffed with a team mate who nearly built him in supposedly inferior machinery.

richmtb

Not sure I read much into the conspiracy theories.

Perez made a mistake while pushing really hard on a drying track.

If he had wanted to “take a dive” he could have dropped it in a area with plenty of tarmac run off like the hairpin at the end of the lap.

I think he was entitled to that one mistake he drove an awesome race up to that point

jota180
    Free Member

He didn’t take a dive

As others have said, he could well have lost concentration due to such a bizarre message
    Most teams would have said nothing in that situation so I think it was simply an error by his race eng

rossi46
    Free Member

Seems that Vettel’s moved on to using a different finger to show his feelings though.

😆

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘The Sunday F1 thread –May Contain Spoilers–’ is closed to new replies.