Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • The Stone Roses , the Third Coming.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Anyone else heading to Manchester this weekend for the long awaited Resurection of The Roses?. I saw them back in Glasgow in1990 and Im really looking forward to It. Also can anyone suggest a good curry or boozer for a pre gig beer.?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Railway and Naturalist or The Church Inn, both in Prestwich.
    (my locals).
    I’ll be listening to the gigs in the garden 😉

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Oh yes!! Sunday for me, unfortunately I’ll miss Primal Scream and Beady Eye, but who cares….bring on the resurecshyuuuun!! 😀

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

The OH and I are going Friday, I’m hoping it will be a classic but we all know what brown’s voice can be like live.

binners

I’m going Friday. I’m pant-wettingly excited! It’s either going to be epic, or bloody awful music-wise! Atmosphere-wise I doubt you can go far wrong. It’s going to be utter madness! Fat bald blokes turning the clock back 20 years? Yes please ! 😀

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Saturday for me

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Yup, going Fri too!
    Just dug out my ‘Reni’ hat AKA my raving hat. The amount of fields, clubs, industrial units etc that hat has been passed around doesn’t bear thinking about…*chewing face off* “mmmmm can I wear your hat mate? mmm” , “yeah go on then, as long as a get it back”… I always got it back! albeit a bit sweaty!

Getting just a tad excited now, can’t wait 8)

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

but we all know what brown’s voice can be like live.

Ian Brown has been brilliant the last 2 times i’ve seen him….did a couple of Roses tracks too for his last tour, and was spot on…my only concern is the band splitting up by sunday 😆

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

It’s going to be utter madness! Fat bald blokes turning the clock back 20 years?

Bit like on here then. 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

Going Sunday – have to say the travel in and out of the park seems to be a right pain in the arse

binners

Well my kids were looking at some pictures of me last night, at the height of the Madcester nonsense. I had lots of hair! They reckon I look better bald! 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Was meant to be going Saturday.

Sadly I’m in hospital so I won’t be able to make it..

llama

Oh yes going Saturday

Been looking on u tube at the other gigs and they are looking much better than I remember. I fully expect to be very emotional.

One love

RustySpanner

The Blue Bay for curry.
    Best in the area at the mo.

Avoid the Mogul (just up the road in the disused church) at all costs. It’s vile.

davosaurusrex

It’s my birthday on Saturday, my brother lives in Manc and managed to score a couple of tickets last week from a mate who couldn’t make it. Just booked my train ticket for Saturday morning heading up from the South coast, ‘cited!

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Friday night for me, can’t wait saw Ian Brown at the MEN last year (might of been year before) and he was awesome, did fools gold and I wanna be adored and the place just erupted

stanfree
    Free Member

Some good recommendations It would seem , Im arriving in manchester at 11 and going to try and stay reasonably sober till at least Primal Scream. Strange support bands for saturday and sunday and cant say I’d really want to see plan B and Professor green.

yoshimi

See some of you there on Friday, gonna be epic:)

Brycey
    Free Member

Mates down from Scotland.
    Biking in the morning.
    Wailers, Vaccines, Primal Scream, STONE ROSES.
    Graeme Park at Sankeys.

I’m not sure a better Friday is possible!

DezB
    Free Member

[but we all know what brown’s voice can be like live.

Don’t worry about that -you will not hear Ian Brown. Or any of the rest of the band.
    There’s a video on youtube of their previous gig, all you can hear is thousands of blokes going “I AM THE RESURRECTION…” and actually singing the guitar parts out loud. Might as well have been a football match.
    If that’s your idea of a good gig, good luck to ya!

stanfree
    Free Member

Railway and Naturalist or The Church Inn, both in Prestwich.
    (my locals).
    I’ll be listening to the gigs in the garden

Ha ha just texted these to my mate in Hyde and his reply was “**** hell you bringing a gun ?, Prestwich is like the Gorbals”. 😆

binners

You sit tutting at your YouTube vids Dez. I’ll be having a ball singing along to the guitar bits! 😉

Brycey
    Free Member

Everyone knows its basically gonna be 30-50-year-old-male group karaoke. It’ll still be fan-bloody-tastic!!!

edlong
    Free Member

@teetosugars

Does that mean there’s a ticket needs to find a home?

Oh yeah, get well soon and all that, too.

Scamper
    Free Member

Er, more like 40-50 yr old bloke karaoke 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

binbins!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess who’s gonna be there on Friday. Go on matey…guess.

Hint: 2 d’s

😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

Ha ha just texted these to my mate in Hyde and his reply was “**** hell you bringing a gun ?, Prestwich is like the Gorbals”

**** me, and your mate lives in HYDE???

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Mates down from Scotland.
    Biking in the morning.
    Wailers, Vaccines, Primal Scream, STONE ROSES.
    Graeme Park at Sankeys.

Graeme park? Aww would love to go, remember going to the hacienda “back in the day” to listen to him. To old now, well, not unless someone shoves some disco biscuits down my neck 😆

Duggan

Yeah I’m going on Saturday, very much looking forward to it.

I’m normally pretty ambivilent about nostalgia driven stuff like this and there’s no way it’ll be anything like back in the day but still…I was too young the first time round and I was utterly obsessed with them as a band throughout my youth so there’s no way I’m gonna miss them playing in my back yard.

I never, ever thought in a million years I would get to see them live. Think I’d of only been marginally more surprised if The Beatles somehow reunited with the full original line-up.

yoshimi

I’m normally pretty ambivilent about nostalgia driven stuff like this and there’s no way it’ll be anything like back in the day but still…I was too young the first time round and I was utterly obsessed with them as a band throughout my youth so there’s no way I’m gonna miss them playing in my back yard.

^^^THIS – day out with your mates, seeing the band that first got me interested in music when I was 15 – can’t wait!

khani
    Free Member

**** me, and your mate lives in HYDE???

I’m from Hyde…and that’s a valid point…Bernard Manning called it a roundabout with chippys..in reality it’s a shithole…

binners

Blimey! I didn’t realise the event was being sponsored by a leading lingerie manufacturer catering for the better endowed lady. When does your Learjet touch down in Manchester Bravissimo? 😀

emsz
    Free Member

the warm up gigs have had good reviews in a certain arse licking weekly paper….

gonna be a football crowd, good luck!!

dux
    Free Member

I’m there on sunday, looking forward to it. Mates coming up from Ross, group of us together for the first time in 10+ years, going to be a memorable day with a fantasic soundtrack

ben
    Free Member

Off to see them too, albeit in a few weeks when they head to Singapore. Can’t wait!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the warm up gigs have had good reviews in a certain arse licking weekly paper….
    gonna be a football crowd, good luck!!

🙄

Haterz hatin.

DezB
    Free Member

You sit tutting at your YouTube vids Dez

No tutting. Just a bemused cringe.
    I’m sure you’ll all have fun and sore throats the next day!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cringerz cringin

khani
    Free Member

Pill’edds pillin…

khani
    Free Member

They’ll be more casualtys there than Selly Oak… 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘The Stone Roses , the Third Coming.’ is closed to new replies.