• This topic has 71 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by 10.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • The 'Staying in on NYE' thread
  • sc-xc

..I can tell I’m not alone – what’s your excuse?

Me? Wife working all day today and tomorrow as pay off for getting Xmas off. The last time I went out (properly) was 1999 – Que Club Atomic Jam. It got messy.

I’m sure my pizza, few vodkas and a night in front of the telly will be just as kicking!

Happy New Year to all the saddoes like me!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Who you calling a saddo? There’s nothing wrong in staying in with a couple of bottles of cider then early to bed 🙂
    On my own of course.

aa
    Free Member

Me,

got a nearly 3 week old baby and a wife suffering with a nasty hematoma so I’m on baby duty (with a bottle of Tanglefoot).

Happy New Year

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Greetings!

Mrs Feet not feeling too well, so night in for us with the youngest (oldest out at a party)

It’ll be wine, Bombay Sapphire and possibly mucking about on th Kinect for us before putting on the Hootenany

Klunk
    Free Member

what is there to celebrate ?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Me too. The missus is full of cold so – despite live-in babysitters – she wants to stay in. I could go out on me tod I suppose 😆

highclimber
    Free Member

we had requested the presence of a small collection of friends but they ummed and ahhhed until the last concieveable moment to let us down after we’d got loads of alkimifrol and snacks. so, we’ve now got a lot of beer and wine and food and Jools Holland to bring in the new year!

Rubber_Buccaneer

There are worse things than staying in NYE, I’m in a pub called The Goose in Camberley…..

sc-xc

That sounds ace highclimber. Happy New Year to you!

aa – Best of luck tomorrow morning if you are nursing a hangover…3 week olds are the gift that keep on giving.

stilltortoise/cheesyfeet – I hope your other halves get better, and Lady G – you should know that Ladies are alwasy in bed early.

Adn Klunk…what’s not to like? Jools on the telly and goodbye to a tough year.

scaredypants

my wife’s out on call – I’m down home with the kids

harry potter cluedo anyone ? 😐

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

There’s a party across the road but I can’t be arsed. Just bumped into another neighbour when I popped down to the shop. I’m really hoping they don’t invite me down for a drink later as I really don’t want to go but I don’t want to be rude; now they know I’m in and not doing owt, they’ll almost certainly bloody invite me…

Miserable? Anti-social? Maybe. I never enjoy this time of year, for various reasons, and just don’t feel why I should feel obliged to ‘celebrate’ really.

Bah Humbug. Roll on Tuesday. 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

Saddoe here. Got work in the morn, skint, self-imposed booze ban for a while. Been working non stop last 2 weeks in a mental busy supermarket and it’s just nice to have a day off from people. can’t be bothered with the whole NYE polava tbh. Just happily stuffing my face with snacks.

racefaceec90

i will be listening to music on my pc and playing my new telecaster come midnight (as i am doing now).tis only another day of the year 🙂

cinnamon_girl

There are worse things than staying in NYE, I’m in a pub called The Goose in Camberley…..

Years ago Camberley used to be the lager lout capital of Surrey. 🙂

jordie
    Free Member

Does anybody else find that chimp jools holland annoying??

M6TTF
    Free Member

Wife 8mths pregnant so not in the mood for anything, taking advantage and going to llandegla early doors

fenred
    Free Member

My wkend with the little’uns…hello kitty monopoly,toddlers n tiaras,overbloody tired, won’t sleep…I might actually be able to get a beer and some dinner at some stage tonight.

Rock n roll !!!!!!!!!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Kids in bed, Porridge on telly, crisps and nuts in bowl, bottle in hand, me and misses Trowel doing a puzzle. Lovely 😀

singletrackmind

Was round a mates house but had to come home .
    We were clearing out his folks house as his Dad died on Dec 20th, then moved some bits and bobs back to his .
    After lunch phone rang to say his Mum died in a care home ( dementure) so all went abit Pete Tong after that.
    Poor lad sister took her own life , so he is the only sibling and has to clear her room as her parents refused to do it, as sort of shrine .
    What can you say . feel abit deflated by it all.

Wozza
    Free Member

Last year we got so pissed I couldn’t work out how to get the bikes in the car, this year i’m in with a nice red and everything packed for a ride from Edale tomorrow.

EDIT, Singletrack, that’s tough, definitely call for a wee dram there.

racefaceec90

singletrackmind jeepers 😯 that’s horrible 🙁 my condolences to your friend.

Kevevs
    Free Member

certainly puts a perspective on things something like that.

Pigface
    Free Member

Staying in here and just watched Inside Job, we really are an incredibly stupid spieces at times.

fenred
    Free Member

Singletrackmind, man that is awful! Hope your mate keeps himself together, you’ve done a good job by the sound of things. Keep the faith and grab a beer… you’ve earned it.

project
    Free Member

Best wishes to Singletrackmind and his freind, so very sad for him,just be there for support when needed, even if you dont say anything,be there.

singletrackmind

cheers guys
    having a little cry as its just sh1t sh1t sh1t
    was best man at his wedding , and i guess we are best mates but what do you say ?
    he is married and wife is lovely

sc-xc

Christ stm. Hope things get better for you all mate.

Kevevs
    Free Member

You don’t say anything just be there. 🙁 best wishes for you and your pal

highclimber
    Free Member

Does anybody else find that chimp jools holland annoying??

yes, but his guests tend to be very good!

sc-xc

Yes sir. He can boogie woogie.

Kevevs
    Free Member

old housemate used to work at Warner Brothers and came into contact with Jools a few times. Said he was a right arrogant ****. I think he’s ok, knows his stuff, enthusiastic. Good tinkler.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Vibes – singletrackmind. Nowt you can say to your mate really. Maybe take him on a ride when he feels up to it? I’ve always found a bike ride a really good way of clearing the mind and feeling better, being in nature and taking in the things around us. Probably a load of nonsense but works for me sometimes. All the best fella

project
    Free Member

Alan Carr is ITV, the non thinking mans,Stephen Fry.

sc-xc

My tattooist has been on his show a few times – she says he’s great in real life…

EDIT – that’s Jools, not Alan.

although we are watching the Alan thing…

CountZero

Was supposed to go over to a mate’s place, some snacks, a wee dram, watch Jools…
    Just couldn’t work up the enthusiasm, got some beers, and some malt, Tom Waits on the hifi, then some tv, with Later later. It’s raining out, and it’s been a crappy year, and I want a drink.
    Happy New Year, one and all.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Just had a late xmas dinner of roast wild boar and am now relaxing with a nice bottle of shiraz.

Might even sample the xmas whisky shortly…

(mrs is working tomorrow)

bruneep

Wife nights, kids upstairs playing mw3 dog asleep.

Thinking of going into garage to fettle 😐

cynic-al
    Free Member

Was meant to be at a mate’s, he’s hot man flu fakes, could have gone to another pal’s but too pooped. Might have a look at all the Chinese lanterns on the beach at 12 if I’m awake.

Elfinsafety –
    I don’t want to be rude

😮

bruk

Been in work this week, on call and busy both thurs and fri nights. Intend to stay up till midnight and then open the Laphroag Quarter Cask the wife got me for crimbo, have a wee dram and then bed by 10 past 12. Just bloody knackered.

lowey

Wife left back in January.
    Eldest daughter at her first house party with boys and booze… I expect a call soon from A&E
    Youngest gone to a friends house party.

So thats jut me, sober, kicking 2011 out of the door, just in case it wants to stick around.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘The 'Staying in on NYE' thread’ is closed to new replies.