Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The sound of the thwack of bone on wood
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Play loud! Ouch!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblOoZaXLYE&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/video]

coffeeking
    Free Member

That’s not nice, why would you post that? Was it you?

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Thats one mighty thwack.

simonralli2
    Free Member

That’s not nice, why would you post that? Was it you?

True, but these chaps have posted the video so normally one assumes that the rider did not complain that the video is up, and you can not tell who he is.

This just seemed really notable as a video for the actual sound of the crash. Of course it isn’t nice. When I watched I was thinking dang, rather than ha ha ha. And it does show the dangers of jumping near protruding objects ay?

And actually, I do watch videos of people’s crashes every so often. Maybe I am the only person that does that though.

scaredypants

yes ralli – you’re a baddun and no mistake

there’s a proper video nasty called “gonch nearly dies” on youtube (FWIW the lad’s ok apparently). very scary sound effects, esp when the camers guy starts talking 🙂

Bregante

Having just watched that, I have no desire to watch it again. Properly grimace inducing.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah – I guess I should not have posted this ay?

I think I have too much time on my hands right now obviously so sorry if this has caused offence.

Obviously people are free to email the mods and remove this post if it has crossed the line.

wallop

Don’t apologise for posting it! It’s not like people weren’t’t gonna know what it was!

scaredypants

I think they’re just as more instructional for your below average punter than endless vids of pros flying over 50 foot gaps

hilldodger
    Free Member

The sound of the thwack of bone on wood

Thought this thread was going to be about Shamanic Drumming 😕

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well if something causes offence then that is what I was apologising for. I was just watching it thinking flippn heck that was a rough landing on what seemed like a tree stump or something.

I am probably projecting issues right now anyway as I am about go to in for a minor knee op today myself 🙁

geoffj

I am about go to in for a minor knee op today

Good luck with that Simon

yunki
    Free Member

Thought this thread was going to be about Shamanic Drumming

me too.. very disappointed

good luck with the op though

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep cheers – just a little day surgery keyhole thing so nothing too major.

The biggest downer is that I will at my parents stuck on a sofa and unable to get out on my bike and away from all the wedding stuff on tv. 🙁

Sorry to disappoint about the drumming, but if it is shamanism and biking in one single story you are after, you could check out a recent blog entry here about my final ride of 2011:

http://shamanicdrumming.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/a-walk-around-the-twelve-apostles-stone-circle-dumfries/

scaredypants

unable to get out on my bike and away from all the wedding stuff on tv

you’ll have to whip up a special brew of that hallucinogenic compost – and maybe “drum her down the aisle” while you’re at it

(no, not a euphemism AFAIK)

hope it goes well

bigyinn
    Free Member

The cameraman in “gonch nearly dies” needs a good shoeing. ****t!

scaredypants

bigyinn – little harsh ? … he was comforting/distracting his mate, who had turned green and looked like he might have done something major

bigyinn
    Free Member

Possibly I was a little harsh. If I was in the same situation I wouldn’t want to know my bike was trashed right then.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The sound of the thwack of bone on wood’ is closed to new replies.