Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The secret's in the squidge
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

“Squeeze me. Come on, don’t be shy. There. Feel that? That’s squidgy power …”

Tried Soreen on a long ride yesterday and have to say I cannot believe I have not had it before. Think I may have eaten it as a kid, but is super tasty and full of energy.

Cheers to those of you who have mentioned it on the forum before, and worth a try if you haven’t tried it yourself

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It’s good stuff.

PiknMix
    Free Member

It’s ride saving stuff!

marvincooper

I think I may be developing a Soreen addiction. the co-op have had it on offer so I bought 4, they didn’t last long. When riding to work I have half a loaf when I arrive and half when I leave 🙂

flanagaj
    Free Member

Just reading the packet and the whole loaf contains ~ 1000 calories. I can see why it does the trick with that amount of energy stored in it.

dannybgoode

Never been a fan of Soreen – now honey and date sandwiches, they’re gangster.

Cheers

Danny B

Stevelol
    Free Member

Try the banana Soreen it’s really good!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I was climbing with a pal of mine, and he had squashed a Soreen loaf down to the size of a small bar of soap to save space.

He ate it with relish, and had a nice drink of water.

I practically had to carry him down the hill with debilitating stomach cramps, as it regained it’s previous dimensions in his digestive system.

Use with care.

bazza17
    Free Member

It is perfect mid ride fuel even if you do end up with jaw ache!!

My current fave is the chocolatey one but the banana one is also lovely

flanagaj
    Free Member

I was climbing with a pal of mine, and he had squashed a Soreen loaf down to the size of a small bar of soap to save space.

He ate it with relish, and had a nice drink of water.

I practically had to carry him down the hill Lol. I can see how that could happen as it does compress right down

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

On dear, really shouldn’t have laughed that hard as I bet it was bloody agony!!!

singletrackmind

thats a load of balls .
    i have been squishing soreen flat for years and never had that happen . i peirce the wrapping with a pin and put it under a wooden chopping board . Stand on the chopping board for 3o secs and you get a 2cm high malt loaf ,i have eaten 2 of these on a sdw ride , ok not a whole loaf in one go , over a few hours , and never had it balloon in my stomach.
    one day i am going to construct a banana flavour and fruit malt loaf sandwhich held together with honey or nutella , a million calories per bite.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I knew buying two loaves to take home from work was a bad idea. I have cracked one open at my desk and am making steady progress.

the00
    Free Member

Can be squeezed into a bottle cage too 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

have you tried the toasty one, with butter??

Nom Nom Nom

pebblebeach
    Free Member

When riding to work I have half a loaf when I arrive and half when I leave

How far do you ride? That’s a lot of extra calories.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Its been known to fix a broken saddle in the past , when combined with a bit of duct tape…

bigjim

the Soreen Go bars are great too, whenever they come into stock in the supermarket I stockpile them.

HermanShake
    Free Member

In malt we trust. I was walking in the Cairngorms with friends in winter and these were like gifts from the gods. Schmeared with some butter they really help replenish the day’s beasting.

I like flattening it, rolling it up and eating it in a little stick shape. Like a malty blunt.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Very odd top tip:

Make a sandwich using Malt loaf instead of bread, with strong cheddar cheese and salt & vinegar crisps as the filling

Prepare to be blown away by the taste sensation. I kid you not. I too was sceptical and proved wrong

(discovered by a mate who had nothing else in the kitchen cupboard)

w1zard
    Free Member

@ir_bandito That sounds very wrong…but I might just have to try it…

marvincooper

When riding to work I have half a loaf when I arrive and half when I leave

How far do you ride? That’s a lot of extra calories.

I know, I must admit I’ve eased back a bit the last couple of weeks. Mind you it’s a 50 mile round trip and fairly hilly so I burn a fair bit off. I always tell myself it’s low in fat so I can scoff loads and not care 🙂 Besides I’m a skinny bugger!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘The secret's in the squidge’ is closed to new replies.