Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The Ryder Cup thread
  • Houns

Up early and seat booked in front of TV for duration.

I think it’s going to be extremely close though i feel that the change in format doesn’t play into our (Europes) favour

Who’s joining me?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Golf !!! Golf eh ….. Why would you get up early to watch @cks twating little white balls around a grassy park ? Jesus this place really is going down the pan.

higgo
    Free Member

Are there any BWs on the course?

Houns

typical ****ish reply expected from this forum, well done

higgo
    Free Member

Ouch.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Rain in Wales in October, who’d have thought it? Great planning guys.

Houns

Had to chuckle at the US teams waterproofs not being waterproof.

The date for the tournament keeps being put back by the USPGA, they only have themselves to blame

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The format change is balls-up. They should have kept the format and played into Monday, not that it will make much difference to the result either way.

Still see Europe winning

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

STW golf day. Suggested venue – Isle of Purbeck golf club (as long as the winds not up). We can laugh at the funny bikey people as they mince through the course on their dandy horses (you could have joined a nice club for the price of that mate!).

Garry_Lager

I’ll be keeping an eye on updates – Actually watching a game of golf would be a step too far, but the prospect of sending the Yanks crying home with a smacked arse is pretty appealing, I must admit.

What is it about American golf that attracts the hillbillies? Boo Weekley last time, now Bubba Watson FFS.

Houns

Rusty i’m thinking about bringing the clubs out of retirement though i don’t think my wallet can hack both Golf and Mountain Biking as hobbies

LeeW

I was thinking the same Houns, I’m not sure my SO would appreciate me riding two nights a week then practising at the range for another couple. I think they’re going to stay in the loft.

grannygrinder
    Free Member

lovely day locally today ie south wales, you might actually have something to watch today 😉

Houns

Did Tiger just hit that bloke in the nuts with that duffed chip?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Ok maybe I was harsh but do you guys honestly play golf and ride mtb ? Is golf that interesting in comparision to flying around on your bike ? I have been to several golf functions with my bro inlaw and the people there are so far up thier own arse holes its un real.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Traditionally the US usually do better than Europe in the singles. Bit of work to do for Europe to take a lead going into them.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Blinkin golf 👿 . Took me almost an hour to get to Wentwood today due to road closures and it’s only a stone’s throw from my house. The clean-up teams must’ve been out in force – no fly-tipping to be seen . . . even the trails looked well groomed . . . if only Newport was always like this, eh! 😉

Harry_the_Spider

do you guys honestly play golf and ride mtb ?

I did… until a bike related shoulder injury put a stop to my club swinging. Why not?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Oddly i find golf and mountain biking very similar. Both involve spending several hours with friends, loads of banter and p**s taking, expensive kit to spend your money on, cake and hip flasks. Whats not to like?

Houns

What rusty said, and, tbh (i’m not trying to troll) i’ve come across more @cks in cycling than i have in golf…Though have fantastic friends from both worlds

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Most of the friends i play golf with do other sports as well, surfers, windsurfers, mountain bikers etc.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

The guys I ride with tell me the same as you guys about aspects of golf and mtbing being similar. I agree you get cocks in all walks of life but my local golf club is full of masons,dick 1 reg plates and old wrinkling prunes with bad attitude.I visit on social occasions at the moment and all that club captain, ladies captain and toasting folk is a bit off putting.

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

4/9 euro

BigJohn

It’s always good to see Monty in a bad mood.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The Ryder Cup thread’ is closed to new replies.