Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The real reason Ross Brawn was smiling at the end of 2009
  • mos
    mos

Oops, wrong forum. Move please mods.

glenh
    Free Member

Yeah, but how much did it cost them to run the team for the year, with virtually no sponsors?

I’m sure on balance it probably wasn’t quite as good for their bank balances as the headline sale figures suggest.

EDIT; I’ve just read the bottom of that article and it seems to suggest that their profit for the year was actually quite large. I’m not sure where that money came from – presumably from Bernie for winning the championship?

clubber
    Free Member

Actually I’ll bet it was. By all accounts Honda actually paid to keep the outfit running for most of the year that they were ‘Brawn’ to avoid bad publicity…

Bargin.

Not so much for Honda though who paid for a WC winning season but didn’t get associated with it.

cp

and it could have gone very very wrong. good on them.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

and it could have gone very very wrong. good on them.

This. He made it happen so fair play to him.

takisawa2

I’ve never understood how there is quite so much money awash in F1. I mean, its not like the premier league, with a dozen or so 50k+ crowds & telivised matches every week.
    To be honest, I find it quite boring. 😉

BoardinBob

I’ve never understood how there is quite so much money awash in F1. I mean, its not like the premier league, with a dozen or so 50k+ crowds & telivised matches every week.

Global tv audience in the billions

Marketing man’s wet dream

matthewjb
    Free Member

Global tv audience in the billions

Venues have to pay for the right to hold the Grand Prix. Abu Dhabi pays around £30m a season for example.

Overall around £300m pa comes from the venues with about another £300m coming from broadcasters.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The real reason Ross Brawn was smiling at the end of 2009’ is closed to new replies.