Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The rain – It's my fault
  • lunge

I haven't been out on my bike for a few weeks as I have just moved house and have had other things todo.

Anyway, I have decided to go over Cannock after work today so put my first summer tyre on (a Conti Race King) the back. And now it is raining…and I have a tyre on that is useless in the wet.

Sorry all…

andy7t2
    Free Member

school boy error lunge, you should have waited until there was no clouds in the sky and quickly changed your tyres in the cupboard under the stairs before showing them to the weather gods. you should now take your hairdryer to cannock tonight and dry out all the trails so the rest of us don't get muddy.

allthepies
    Free Member

What is this rain you speak of ?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Rain? haven't seen that in ages

nickegg
    Free Member

We had some here in Bristol last night..should firm up the trails abit.

I can't believe i'm saying this but i have almost forgotten what riding in mud is like!! I'm struggling to remember the last muddy ride. I can recall one since early April but can't be right surely?!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Sunshine here as usual – trails are too dry 😡

samuri
    Free Member

I took a few days off to go to the Lake District, so it's my fault.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Humph! Not been able to ride for 3 weeks, now that i have a chance to get back on the bike next week, rain is forecast. FFS

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

You don't need mud tyres around Cannock in any weather so it doesn't matter. I was there on Weds and it was like riding on a beach it was that dry and dusty, a bit of rain will do it good.

hainey
    Free Member

Yeah, did a lap of Cannock yesterday afternoon and it was nice and dry and dusty. May see you there again this afternoon!

hillsplease

Bit of rain was good for the Marple/Bredbury Loop (nr Manchester) – it was all getting a bit dusty, now it's less dusty and still as fast. Which is good.

BigJohn

It will dry out before you get there, apart from those bits which stay gloopy in the fiercest drought.

There's one particular section, at the stepping stones, that's always wet.

whytetrash

Wet and orrible over Conway Mountain last night :x…sunny again today 😆

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Nah it's my fault, first day of rain we have had here for weeks started Monday night just coz I bought a motorbike and had to go and pick it up

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Individually weather and tyre threads are boring enough but fair play to you – you managed both at once.

njee20
    Free Member

No rain here either! I've had to change back to a knobbly tyre as it got so loose, a bit of rain would be good!

Race Kings are hardly a slick, you'll be fine!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The rain – It's my fault’ is closed to new replies.