Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The Racing Post
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Still no weekend races 😥 The MK Bowl Crits Tuesday if the goings good. Apart from that four times a week ‘training’.
    Shame ther’s no local summer cross.

Any one else?

crazy-legs

Nothing this weekend for me. I continued my spell of mediocrity at Tuesday nights circuit racing though. Mid 20’s bunch finish.

Erlestoke 12.
    10th/48 at Set2Rise last year, although I think a lot of people gave up in the rain and the dark, which helped those of us who plodded on all night.
    Only 37 solo males entered so far. I’m aiming for a top third finish as a realistic goal.

oldgit
    Free Member

I did the inaugural Set2rise and bloody loved it, even the army night time excercises. My EBB broke seven hours in.

njee20
    Free Member

Nothing this weekend, then the mammouth begins, next 5 weeks are:

– Southern XC Ringwood
    – NPS Wasing
    – Mountain Mayhem
    – NPS Margam
    – Are You Tough Enough

Wish I’d looked at when Mayhem was, and said no!

flange
    Free Member

I’m doing my first crit tomorrow in Woodbridge, then the MSG round the following weekend.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

2/3 surrey league road race tomorrow morning. Not expecting a result but would like the 65miles in my legs!

10th/36 in the end, so made it in to the top third. 😀
    http://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EVENTREPORT.aspx?eventid=168Erlestoke28/05/2011

oldgit
    Free Member

Good going…almost single digits.

Oggles
    Free Member

Loughborough Campus Criterium yesterday, the rain held off for the 3/4 race thankfully. I didn’t place in the points. Just over 500m of climbing is a bit much for me in a crit! Half the field seemed to drop out for that reason!

Photo thanks to Peter Green

Also had another mediocre effort at Mallory on Tuesday. WINDY WINDY WINDY.

oldgit
    Free Member

WINDY WINDY WINDY

Yep, as I’m not ‘really’ road racing this year, I can pick and choose what ones I do. If it’s pants out there’s no point in putting myself through purgatory. As long as I get half a dozen fast ones before the cross season I’ll be happy.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Did the Limousin regional road race champs here in France.

It was hot. It was tough. My team mate Eric escaped with two others towards the end of the first of eight laps. All I had to do was ride round in the bunch and cover any moves.

They stayed away, and Eric took second.

Back to the MTB for the next few weeks.

SB

njee20
    Free Member

10th/36 in the end, so made it in to the top third

Shame it was so badly attended (not meant as a slur on your result), considering I seem to have heard lots about it it’s odd to see only 2 6hr teams, one of which only managed 3 laps!

Oldgit, thanks, 7 minutes behind 9th place, single digit and top quarter. 🙁

Njee20, no offence taken, if I was 10th/36 then I’d have probably been 100th/360.
    I can’t understand why the SPAM Biking events aren’t more popular. They are by far the best course of any endurance event I have ridden.
    All those people who think Endurance race = Mountain Mayhem or that having and event “village” is what makes a good marathon, don’t know what they’re missing.

Jase
    Free Member

OG – Grass Track Racing on this wednesday that you could drag your cross bike out for.

oldgit
    Free Member

Jase

Any details? never done that before….thought that died out in the 50s.

Jase
    Free Member

For the first time in a long time the chance to have a go at grass track racing at The Bowl!.

Team Milton Keynes Grass Track Racing

Wednesday 1st June 2011

Round 2

The National Bowl, Watling Street, Milton Keynes, MK5 8AA

Signing on from 6.30 pm

First race 7.00 pm

Categories:
    Fixed wheel for track riders £8.00

Go-race freewheel for novice riders £5.00

Go-ride racing for novice youth riders £1.00

Omnium- 4 events selected from match sprint, 1 lap dash, 1km scratch, 2,3,4,5 or 8km scratch, kierin, elimination, team sprint, handicap.

This event is being run by the British Cycling Central Region team with entry on the line only.

Oggles
    Free Member

Oh, looks like I’ve been roped into a TT tonight. I’ve never done one before, and I’ve been told to aim for the 26 minute mark. If I enjoy it that’s an excuse to buy a TT bike right? 😈

keavo
    Free Member

enjoy and tt don’t go together though.

Oggles
    Free Member

Well. I guess I didn’t ‘enjoy’ it. In fact I had to sit down at the end from being so lightheaded and dizzy, head between the legs style.

10 miles in 25’03” though, pretty happy with that.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The Racing Post’ is closed to new replies.